Just noticed more competition in town

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Went to one of my pickup backs on Wednesday and one of the tellers told me they have someone else now ordering halves. Today while at one of my other pickup banks, i had to wait for people to clear the area that has all the withdrawal and deposit slips. So my daughter and i are standing next to the coin machine, and my daughter, the scavenger that she is, looks down in the trash can to see if anyone had dumped foreign or rejected coins (she usually finds some!) She taps me on the back and says "LOOK!" and what do i see..... a halve dollar box. Evidently, someone is using my pickup bank as a dump bank. Luckily they go into a machine and not hand rolled. Also, one of my boxes the other day had another banks name written on it and crossed off. Not one of the banks I deal with, so the competition is getting thicker and the silver is getting harder to find.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I don't get it. Last year when silver peaked, no where near the competition as there is now.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Fistfulladirt said:
Yeah, I don't get it. Last year when silver peaked, no where near the competition as there is now.

Times weren't as tough then. If you were out of work, hunting for silver might look like easy money. Don't worry as the competition will eventually wash out as they may not have the fortitude to deal with the downsides of CRH'ing.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lot of people with no jobs and a lot of time on their hands

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread