Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: just orderd Andy's book for explorer se

Are you hunting with a wide open screen (-16) ? If go even to -14 or -15 it will probably help you out. I hunt in conductive -14 and prefer that because the null is useful when trying to determine what's iron and what's not. Other than that it's just about experience.

PS.... The newer the site the tougher the iron will be to deal with and it just takes time to fine tune your skills.

OP
OP
Detectorfreak74

Detectorfreak74

Jul 2, 2010
UTAH

Hey thx pach I was wondering if their was anybody to respond :notworthy:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

erubio74 said:
Hey thx pach I was wondering if their was anybody to respond :notworthy:

Well I'm not sure if it helped any... mostly because it just takes time to learn the iron sounds etc.. But I definitely picked a lot of brains when I started so maybe I owe a little back. :thumbsup:

Marye

Greenie
Aug 11, 2008

Iron Patch said:
Are you hunting with a wide open screen (-16) ? If go even to -14 or -15 it will probably help you out. I hunt in conductive -14 and prefer that because the null is useful when trying to determine what's iron and what's not. Other than that it's just about experience.

PS.... The newer the site the tougher the iron will be to deal with and it just takes time to fine tune your skills.

IP.......help me out here. I have SE Pro (new to me) also and thought "wide open screen" was all metal, which is -31 or is
the (-16) you refer to the sensitivity? Forgive me, I'm a little slow at times.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Marye said:
Iron Patch said:

IP.......help me out here. I have SE Pro (new to me) also and thought "wide open screen" was all metal, which is -31 or is
the (-16) you refer to the sensitivity? Forgive me, I'm a little slow at times.

Simple answer.... they changed the SE to a wider scale for the IM. The XS and Explorer II are open screen at Iron Mask -16, the SE at 32? (not 31?) It's exactly the same just finer adjustments on the SE. They did the same thing with the threshold from the XS to the II.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions