Just ordered 2K in .50 pieces..

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We will see how it goes on Monday.. Any banks stock the coins or are they all ordered? :icon_thumleft:

None of mine stock them. I have to specifically order the boxes. Hope it goes well for you.

HH

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Depends on the bank. Some have a lot of CRHers and so they've got a lot on hand to satisfy their needs. Some have no CRHers and they've got no halves within the bank.

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....Silver is just an added bonus in boxes.

For you it's an added bonus, and it is wonderful that you appreciate and collect coins that do not contain any silver, but for many people it is the only thing that they are looking for, so saying it is an "added" bonus is incorrect.

OP
OP
M

motoxer311

Greenie
Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far 1/2 through one of my 4 boxes and not seeing anything prior to 1971.. Any other coins I should be looking for?

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far 1/2 through one of my 4 boxes and not seeing anything prior to 1971.. Any other coins I should be looking for?

That all depends if you want to date search... I have absolutely no patience for date checking, so you may want to ask other people.. Just stay positive, because it is likely you will be skunked on all four boxes.. If not, then it was a good week..

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
For you it's an added bonus, and it is wonderful that you appreciate and collect coins that do not contain any silver, but for many people it is the only thing that they are looking for, so saying it is an "added" bonus is incorrect.

Exactly my thoughts Cards. For me, and guessing for many here, finding coins with collector value is the "added bonus".

MU

OP
OP
M

motoxer311

Greenie
Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing in all four boxes.. I even weighed each roll before opening them just so I can try and get to the good rolls faster.. All weighed the same..

I had the occasional one that weighed a little more but had to reweigh again to find out it was just my scale acting up..

20130304_125613_zps77016a2f.jpg

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
weighing rolls means nothing the amount of debris in halves can vary so much it can affect the weight
halves sometimes have holes in them
sometimes non-us coins or heavily slot machine damaged halves of the 1980's
I'm really surprised they all ended up weighing the same, though I'm sure the USPS scale rounds similar objects up a digit.
better luck with an Ohmmeter and comparing the conductivity.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
It is not something that is guaranteed, but a bonus for being persistant in searching

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
That was my first idea but couldn't find it.. :)

As 50 said, weighing rolls just takes time away from searching. You are going to open every roll anyway, so have patience and wait. There could a a foreign coin, lots of worn coins, short rolls, rolls with extra, guitar picks, and other stuff to impact the weight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread