Just ordered my Excal...

Got mine about 3 months ago you will love it but get ready to dig alot!

In case you don't know....
Make sure to keep discrim below 3 or you will loose gold.
Congrats, you will love it.
Gary G.

In case you don't know....
Make sure to keep discrim below 3 or you will loose gold.
Congrats, you will love it.
Gary G.

Been doing plenty of reading.....watching plenty of videos, and I have Clives book enroute also.

If you can handle a Pi, the excal will be a cake walk...just remember..hunting in PP/Am is just like hunting with a PI..just incase you miss that PI....Congrads...:thumbsup:

Dude you are hooked!! Have you looked at what kind of rod you're gonna get? I got an Anderson straight shaft and I think it's a pretty good fit for me. There is no mistaking that the Excal is one of the most popular but it seems to me to be the most modified. Those guys knew what they were doing when they designed it. Like crack dealers in the school yard. Here's a little bit and for a little bit more you can be more comfortable and hear the tiniest blips.

Good luck. Look forward to seeing some finds.

Ive been hooked, going to do some fresh water hunting this year also. Ive been looking at shafts.....probably be a bit before I drop another 100 bucks or so on one though.

I've still got a couple more detectors on the radar also.

Ive been hooked, going to do some fresh water hunting this year also. Ive been looking at shafts.....probably be a bit before I drop another 100 bucks or so on one though.

I've still got a couple more detectors on the radar also.

The Excal has great electronics but the ergonomics suck. You'll find enough soon enough to pay for any upgrades.

Congrats on the new machine! Unfortunately the stock shaft is abysmal with respect to balance. You will want to upgrade to a straight shaft soon enough. :laughing7: Plugger or Anderson are both fine choices.

New headphones, shaft, spare battery pod, perhaps the ability to swap coils and even a backup machine....but hey, now you'll be able to easily afford it all! :laughing7: You're going to love the Excal. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back