GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if it will beat my record for most wheaties in a $50 bag, but I am hoping it will at least be in the top 5 (and hoping there may be an indian head or two mixed in). A very quick scan while at the teller window picking it up showed at least one bottom corner (as well as most of the bottom) appeared to be mostly to all wheat pennies plus a 1928 Canadian penny. There appeared to be some wheaties scattered throughout the rest of the bag as well.

I believe my record is somewhere in the 600's. Whether it beats my record or not, it'll be a fun bag to search. :)

No prizes, but feel free to guess as to what I will find. I'll post the results when I finish the bag, but being as I am at work, it will be at least 5-6 hours before I can start to sort through it, if I get to it tonight at all.

Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, those are so much fun to search through. I haven't gotten any good penny bags (they don't let me buy them here), but a couple weeks ago I found 17 solid wheat rolls and the week after found another 7 solid rolls. boy those were fun! got my first IH from one of the rolls too. Good luck! my guess is 985 + 3 IHs

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Pennies arent worth the trouble
I recently sold off a bunch of my extra wheats on Ebay in lots. Average price per penny selling them that way comes out to 7 cents each. The Memorial reverse copper cents I sold to a local guy for 2 cents each. It may be chump change to you but I'll take it. I'm retired, got nothing but spare time, & can't afford to put out thousands every week for bags of halves.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, ask Gman if that '92 Close AM he found was worth the trouble. That penny was prob worth more than ALL the silver you found this year COMBINED.

So sensitive! you could do 10 boxes a day for your entire life and never,find one of those.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like someone got skunked today.

Even if I found 500 90%ers today id stand by my statement. In my area there are no copper buyers, Wheaties get 3-5 cents each. NoNot worth the time.

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A hobby is something you do for fun. Finding all of the wheats hes going to is even funner

OP
OP
G

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... you were all low... and it was a record bag for me.

1202 wheat pennies and 17 Canadian pennies (including the 1928)

and I would have never guessed, but all but one of the wheat pennies (a 1936) was from the 1940's or 1950's.

Oh well, even at a meager $0.03/wheat that's over a $20 profit.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well... you were all low... and it was a record bag for me.

1202 wheat pennies and 17 Canadian pennies (including the 1928)

and I would have never guessed, but all but one of the wheat pennies (a 1936) was from the 1940's or 1950's.

Oh well, even at a meager $0.03/wheat that's over a $20 profit.

Any steelies?

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice results Gman. I knew it had to be good when i saw your name up there.

OP
OP
G

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any steelies?

Nope.

I didn't see many S-mints either, though I was mainly just doing a quick date check on each one. When I sort 'em out later, I'll know for sure.

Being as I usually average about one pre-1940 for every 10 wheaties, I am assuming this was a collection dump of some type. Maybe the older pennies were in a bag I missed.... who knows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread