just poppin in for a proper introduction....

Mell0w Sl0w

Sep 7, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster pro, whites bulls eye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just poppin' in for a proper introduction....

ive been lurkin' the halls of this forum for a couple of years, finally the urge to properly register and stop being anti social became too severe and I took the plunge:thumbsup:

about me: im 31 years old and live in North central Georgia. Been Metal detecting quite religiously for the better part of two years, around the same time I found this site. I have been using a whites coinmaster pro but must admit that I have definitely outgrown the machine. Thinking about a garret AT PRO, but will definitely be picking some peoples brains around the forum as to which might be the best fit for me. My biggest issue with the coinmaster pro is that I just feel its not getting deep enough down into the dense red clay soil around here. Awhile back I was kinda blown away by how deep the signals I was getting were while hunting in wet creek beds and got the idea that I might want to re check sites I had previously thought I had hunted out, after a large period of rain....and alas, the signals did seem to be better and I found deeper targets.

I have knocked quite a bit off my "hunting bucket list".....but gold has still eluded me thus far. Have found silver coins and rings.

other than treasure hunting im into all kinds of eclectic hobbies and loose screws.....but this general description should suffice.

moral of the story is, hows everyone doin? and im glad to be here!8-) thanks for havin me:happysmiley:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!

I don't really know much about detectors, I'm still using the first one I ever bought. So, I'm not much help there!:laughing7:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a proper Wel-come to you ... :thumbsup:

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard, Mellow. I am a complete boot to MDing, have found nothing of value yet, so I am not qualified to have an opinion on various detectors. I am in the Dahlonega area. If you want to hunt let me know.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet from an Ohio coin shooter. Best of luck picking the new detector. You are only limited by your budget. I started with an $80 El Cheapo detector, the bug bit hard and after about 1 month I moved up to a mid level detector. After it paid for itself 2 times over, I took the plunge and went to a top of the line detector. Bought the last 2 detectors off of craigslist and saved well over $700 (using retail price).

OP
OP
Mell0w Sl0w

Mell0w Sl0w

Sep 7, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster pro, whites bulls eye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard, Mellow. I am a complete boot to MDing, have found nothing of value yet, so I am not qualified to have an opinion on various detectors. I am in the Dahlonega area. If you want to hunt let me know.

no problems buying detectors off craigslist? Ive been back and forth on that idea.....thinking maybe it isn't the best things to buy used, being as they can be kinda sensitive. it is tempting though, as you said, sure beats paying MSRP.

Not gonna lie though, picking my next metal detector is hurting my brain a bit. There are too many choices!!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Massachusetts! Georgia is a great place to hunt for relics.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! There are a lot of choices. Feel free to give me a call and I'll help you decide on a detector that fits your needs and budget.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no problems buying detectors off craigslist? Ive been back and forth on that idea.....thinking maybe it isn't the best things to buy used, being as they can be kinda sensitive. it is tempting though, as you said, sure beats paying MSRP.

Not gonna lie though, picking my next metal detector is hurting my brain a bit. There are too many choices!!!!

Do your comparisons, One of the best buy's out (biggest bang for the buck) is the T2 in my opinion. $499.00 off the shelf.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread