Just returned from rev. War battlefield site

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

Just returned from the revolutionary war battlefield with the Minelab Safari and had a rough day trying to not dig trashy signals. As Iļø have stated before in my posts, this site is littered with them. Iļø also met someone walking by who believes the small piece of land was also a dump site, which would explain a lot.

Im always finding bottles and broken glass all over the place, and this time managed to extract two perfect bottles. Iā€™m assuming they are old. Iļøll try and research them. The small one does not have any writing on it. The larger one says:
Half Pint Liquid
Hatboro Sanitary Dairy
Hatboro, PA

My best Find is what Iā€™m believing to be a lock. This thing looks old. Not sure how to date locks, but was wondering if you believe this could date back to the revolutionary war time period in which the land it was removed from dates to.

Iļø see writing on the lock but itā€™s very hard to see. Any recommendations on how to clean this thing without damaging it?

Thanks everyone.

BrettCo

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510522525.363595.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510522544.272710.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510522566.057106.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510522587.834343.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510522597.012936.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510522607.346861.jpg

Upvote 13

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice lock, thinking with the riveted side plates could be 1880's style.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I favor the milk bottle.....But it is way younger than the Revolution.

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all! If anyone else has any input on the lock and itā€™s age, Iā€™d greatly appreciate it. Itā€™s one of my favorite finds, but if Iļø could keep tracking my finds back to the late 1600s, Iā€™ll keep confirming to myself Iļø am on the right path on this small battlefield

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score on that way cool old brass lock. The bottle finds are cool as well. I'd probably be a bit more curious and dig some of those "trashy" signals. Might be some old surprises in that junk yard.:headbang:

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much. Any idea how Iļø should go about cleaning it? Looks like it says Y&T on it, which Iļø just looked up online and is a lock company. Iā€™m trying to locate the age of this one now.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: just located it online. Itā€™s a Y&T padlock. Itā€™s stamped Oct. 9, 1894. Loving this little lock. Really happy with it.

Now, how should Iļø go about cleaning it? It has a lot of dirt still stuck in the engravings. Already rinsed it but Iļø need to do more. Thoughts?

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone!

Iā€™m just finishing up cleaning the remainder of my finds, which Iļø thought were all just trash that Iā€™m planning to recycle... boy was Iļøwrong.

Please take a look on the new thread Iā€™ll be starting right now and let me know your thoughts on this... Iā€™m a little disturbed. Iā€™d like it to be on its own independent thread since Iļø didnā€™t start off showing this (didnā€™t even realize Iļø had anything till just now!!!)

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much! Iļø donā€™t event want to put it away, canā€™t stop looking at it lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread