Just started, aannnndd hooked!

Turboshelby

Sep 16, 2012
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teroso Toltec 100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Came across this website looking at some coin-roll hunting stuff, couldn't help but get curious when reading the md forum. Bought my dad's old toroso toltec 100 off of him, and cant put it down since! Couldn't find any info on tuning it....ended up just playing around with some coin and trash until I sort of figured it out. Seems to work good, pulled up my first wheatie at 6" last night. Still no silvers, but haven't ventured outside my yard and the city park. Here in the Nebraska panhandle the land is littered with old homesteads, schools, churches, etc. Think I have found a new favorite past time. Thanks to everyone for all the informative posts I've found!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Turboshelby

Sep 16, 2012
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teroso Toltec 100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mzjavert, I can tell you that I already am. I went out with a friend who has a mid-range bounty hunter, and I found tons of stuff following right behind him(including my wheatie), I tried his out and can tell you that thing is junk compared to my 25yr old teroso. Even with only one tone I get alot more information from the sounds my machine makes, and can pin point much better. His either beeps or it doesnt.... I like being able to hear the tone fade in and out, and be able to tell how strong it is. Thinking of a Vaquero when upgrade time comes, but for now this old thing has me pretty impressed! Also, thanks for the info about them having the manual on their website. Feel like an idiot for not checking.

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoke ehhh. Well this hobby doesn't have a 12 step program to help you :laughing7:

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new to MDing too and I'm hooked. I find myself planning around the weather so I can go swing it for an hour or so. Saving all my clad for a 'real' metal detector. Christmas is coming so maybe Santa will be good to me.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, to both Turbo and jfeeney, from New Hampshire.

Yup, MD is an addicting hobby! Get out there often and enjoy yourselves.

HH,
Anita

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread