Just started!

Wix12394

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2012
Rochester, MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started Coin Roll Hunting and so far have just bought 2 boxes of cents and 1 of nickels. I got a war nickel on my first box and didn't get too many wheat's maybe 20 overall on my boxes of cents. I can't wait to buy more coins, i have started calling around to nearby banks to hopefully get more boxes!

Upvote 0

WheatWaffle

Bronze Member
Oct 30, 2013
If you can average 20 wheats per box, ill give you credit. Ive done 50 boxes, and i am averaging only 11 per box. You will really have to do many boxes to find an indian head or a vdb, but they are still out there. Best of luck.

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome. The worst thing in the world is to find silver like that war nickel. You will forever be hooked and when you get your first silver half its oved for real. Good luck

OP
OP
W

Wix12394

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2012
Rochester, MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Sure am hooked! Wanting to buy another box but holding back! I'm looking for collectibles, not really silver. What coin is my best Choice for finding Cool, old coins?

WheatWaffle

Bronze Member
Oct 30, 2013
If you want to find many varieties and errors, with a better chance for old coins, do pennies. If you are looking for silver, go the half dollar route. I got lucky a few boxes ago, and in five penny boxes, got five vdb's and nine indian heads. There still out there, you just have to be willing to search a high volume.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread