Just thinking

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it just me ? Or do you other relic hunters out there cherish the relics that you have dug over similar relics that were won or given to you by a club or non close friend etc, example : A common non guild-ded :icon_scratch: Eagle button say ' one in great shape ,[solid ,w/shank, w/ common back mark,nice to look at] or the one you dug that's in not so good of shape [ front legible but cracked mostly around the rim w,or without shank ,if so bent or misshapen, etc,] but you know exactly where it was dug & maybe some history of the property .[not a Battleground or campsite] As a relic given to you any one can make up a place where it was found , but you know there's no BS where yours came from, but in the future someone will "have to take my word for it". Or heck does it even matter ,like I said just thinking...:thumbsup:

I would accept a relic if it was dug locally.All my relic digging is within 25 miles in any direction from my house...local history. I would not even travel 50 miles to dig the same relic. It wouldn't have the same meaning. So, yes, relics have been given to me, locally dug and I do cherish them.

Is it just me ? Or do you other relic hunters out there cherish the relics that you have dug over similar relics that were won or given to you by a club or non close friend etc, example : A common non guild-ded :icon_scratch: Eagle button say ' one in great shape ,[solid ,w/shank, w/ common back mark,nice to look at] or the one you dug that's in not so good of shape [ front legible but cracked mostly around the rim w,or without shank ,if so bent or misshapen, etc,] but you know exactly where it was dug & maybe some history of the property .[not a Battleground or campsite] As a relic given to you any one can make up a place where it was found , but you know there's no BS where yours came from, but in the future someone will "have to take my word for it". Or heck does it even matter ,like I said just thinking...:thumbsup:
I guess i am different from most hunters.......... I keep nothing i have no attachment to any thing that is not a living breathing thing............................ I sell every thing i find ... If i can not find a buyer it goes to someplace like goodwill ....

I guess i am different from most hunters.......... I keep nothing i have no attachment to any thing that is not a living breathing thing............................ I sell every thing i find ... If i can not find a buyer it goes to someplace like goodwill ....
That's ok [ to each his own] and with you selling everything 'there's more STUFF out there for folks to buy that we cant take with us in the end ,I just hope my son likes relics .

Any relic given should be cherished by the receiver, I feel that the person giving thought enough of you to give it a good home. I am waiting for a 1850s time period 63rd hat badge from a friends wife, he passed away. I feel as long as it goes to a good home and not thrown in the trash can, it does not matter where it came from.

Not meant for your situation .

Any relic given should be cherished by the receiver, I feel that the person giving thought enough of you to give it a good home. I am waiting for a 1850s time period 63rd hat badge from a friends wife, he passed away. I feel as long as it goes to a good home and not thrown in the trash can, it does not matter where it came from.

In the original post ,I had stated "relics that were given by a club " or a situation where the item was bought [not knowing the digger him or her self]. Relics from family members & close friends {esp, those who have passed on} Should and will always have meaning to me. Even if it is the common 58cal 3 ringer won at the club raffle. Cause that minie even though i don't know where in the country it came from does rep, a historical time for this country as a hole . P.s. Sorry about your friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back