just to let people know

brendan99

Greenie
Oct 19, 2008
i sent some coin pics in to a site ,,Heritage Auction Galleries,,one i sent in ,i got a reply back ,not worth anything,,then i look on the same site and it said ,,Republic 2 Shillings 1896, KM-6, MS64 NGC, lovely and natural silvery golden gray surfaces, a premium example indeed.... Lot: 51972
Auction: 440 .....but it sold for $2,300.00 us,$3399.63..australia...whats up with that ??????????????

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
brendan99 said:
i sent some coin pics in to a site ,,Heritage Auction Galleries,,one i sent in ,i got a reply back ,not worth anything,,then i look on the same site and it said ,,Republic 2 Shillings 1896, KM-6, MS64 NGC, lovely and natural silvery golden gray surfaces, a premium example indeed.... Lot: 51972
Auction: 440 .....but it sold for $2,300.00 us,$3399.63..australia...whats up with that ??????????????
Well, how are we supposed to know what's up with what? :icon_scratch:

Does this have something to do with the coin pics you sent in? Did you send them a picture of an 1896 2 Schillings? If you did, was it in MS-64 condition? Or, do they even grade coins via pictures over the internet? Most grading companies won't grade a coin unless they have it in-hand. And is this an auction site, or a grading company?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brendan99 said:

Coins sell By Grade & Rarity.

Apparently yours In the condition it is in,
Is a very common Find.
So it has Little to no Value on the Market.

While Lot: 51972 was in a High Enough Grade
MS64 NGC, lovely and natural silvery golden gray surfaces, a premium example
to Be Rare. So it Is wanted by Dealers & Collectors.

Think of Your coin as a 56 Chevy Sitting for 50 Years In a field
Rotting away.

& Their 56 Chevy as Garage Kept, & Restored down to the Ashtrays in it.

There is Somone out there who would Buy Both,

But

Which do you think would sell for More ?
& Have Auctioneers intrested in Selling it ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread