DSCN0488.JPG

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Not to detract from your pic, but deer are everywhere and even use my front steps. 10 feet from my door.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not to detract from your pic, but deer are everywhere and even use my front steps. 10 feet from my door.
Oh I am fully aware of that, I have noticed that they're out mid day now.
That and try taking a picture of one that far away with the phone. Not going to be a close up.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't hunt or hurt critters. When I retired 6 years ago, in the mornings I'd wake up to a herd in my yard. I do bathe, but now I seldom see a critter in my yard. Maybe they've just shifted patterns. Then again, their experiences with humans haven't been to their favor, so I understand.

It really would be a delight if they returned...

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't hunt or hurt critters. When I retired 6 years ago, in the mornings I'd wake up to a herd in my yard. I do bathe, but now I seldom see a critter in my yard. Maybe they've just shifted patterns. Then again, their experiences with humans haven't been to their favor, so I understand.

It really would be a delight if they returned...

Everything seems to be out and about now, fox this morning.
I didn't have a chance to photograph it, had to look through the binoculars to see if it was,a coyote or fox. Really big and in great shape.
Thinking it might of been the 2 chickens it got last year.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Feeding birds in bird feeders can attract deer and turkeys. Animals like corn. Spread some corn around. Get ready to trap mice...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Then it's my fault I no longer see critters = guess I got pretty lazy in retirement. I gotta change my world through bringing them back.

Need to get all them feeders going again. Right now all we get is possums & coons eating our throw away food from that dinner. I've seen deer in the yard and they are always welcome. But we need to start feeding them again - give them sanctuary, kinda like Mom & I got right now :)

I did have my night talking to the bear on the back steps pushing a year ago now......

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Feeding birds in bird feeders can attract deer and turkeys. Animals like corn. Spread some corn around. Get ready to trap mice...

I always thought I would give a helping hand now and again to the wildlife.
They had to change their track because I built my shop in the middle of one. So just moved to either direction. I leave a salt block out for who ever. Got the big buck on the property, it has been a good winter for them, lots of meat on them still.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh I am fully aware of that, I have noticed that they're out mid day now.
That and try taking a picture of one that far away with the phone. Not going to be a close up.

Sorry to inform you that if I can see them that far away then so can my camera, be it on a phone or not. I have spooked them this close too, but I could get a pic if I wanted to. Unfortunately, most times are during dusk here, but I too have seen them during the day and it is a family of them here too in this urban area I live in. My point was deer pics are plentiful and not at all unusual.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to inform you that if I can see them that far away then so can my camera, be it on a phone or not. I have spooked them this close too, but I could get a pic if I wanted to. Unfortunately, most times are during dusk here, but I too have seen them during the day and it is a family of them here too in this urban area I live in. My point was deer pics are plentiful and not at all unusual.

So are sunsets/sunrises, clouds, birds, cats, dogs and flowers to name a few but I always enjoy seeing someones pictures common or not! Just because you have a herd of deer in your yard doesn't mean everyone here does. So, why don't we all sit back and enjoy the nature God has given us.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
So are sunsets/sunrises, clouds, birds, cats, dogs and flowers to name a few but I always enjoy seeing someones pictures common or not! Just because you have a herd of deer in your yard doesn't mean everyone here does. So, why don't we all sit back and enjoy the nature God has given us.

If that's what you need TNET for then be my guest.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's another cutie. Hung around my house for a week or two. Orphan. Coyotes killed mama. Named it Bambi. Gary

DSC04264.JPG

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s a cute little skipper. I have a herd of seven that clean up under the bird feeders, helped by a flock of nine turkeys (1 Tom and 8 hens... he’ll be busy in a few weeks). It’s also a smorgasbord for grey squirrels and chipmunks although I’ve had an owl and a pair of sharp shouldered hawks patrolling the area as well. I anticipate a visit from one of the resident black bears any day now - then the feeders come down until next year’s deep freeze. Don’t worry about the bears starving though, my neighbors insist on putting out their garbage containers the night before pick-up and then they’re surprised that the bears helped themselves. Some of our recent transplants from NYC think that they’ve solved the problem by strapping down the lid with a bungee cord :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: You mean a 280 lb hungry black bear can break a 99 cent bungee cord? C’mon, man!
dts

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20210209_202804.jpg

Sorry we don't have any "your special" animals.
Though Max might find you entertainment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That’s a cute little skipper. I have a herd of seven that clean up under the bird feeders, helped by a flock of nine turkeys (1 Tom and 8 hens... he’ll be busy in a few weeks). It’s also a smorgasbord for grey squirrels and chipmunks although I’ve had an owl and a pair of sharp shouldered hawks patrolling the area as well. I anticipate a visit from one of the resident black bears any day now - then the feeders come down until next year’s deep freeze. Don’t worry about the bears starving though, my neighbors insist on putting out their garbage containers the night before pick-up and then they’re surprised that the bears helped themselves. Some of our recent transplants from NYC think that they’ve solved the problem by strapping down the lid with a bungee cord :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: You mean a 280 lb hungry black bear can break a 99 cent bungee cord? C’mon, man!
dts
We almost mirror the same for animals. though the deer stay on the ridges around the place. The German Sheppard is very good at sniffing out the trespassing game.
Hard to get a photo it seems. The racoon is still in her tree den, so it's not spring yet. The black bear usually has the spring grass on the menu off our field before going to the bush.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's what you need TNET for then be my guest.

Actually I don't NEED Tnet for anything! But, I do enjoy reading a lot of the posts and try to help people ID their finds with my limited knowledge. And, I learn a lot from more knowledgeable people here.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We feed the hummingbirds all year..even on the coldest, snowiest
day they'll be out there at the feeder. Hardest part is keeping it
from freezing up, so we change it out every day.

Pepper, the 'coons here are in their breeding season, and I'm
only seeing a couple per night at the moment. Happens every
year..they just disappear for a couple weeks during their rut.
They are around though, as I can hear a 'coon fight every now
and then..they make a hellofa racket when they do battle.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics. I love watching the deer and always run bird feeders.Good times.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pic, Pepperj. We have a herd that was hanging out here a couple weeks ago. I failed to post the pics. I was driving home from the lumber yard and seen one in the ditch. I know it’s from the same herd. Bummer. Always like to see the critter pics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread