just wanted say hi im new to your website

radiorich

Tenderfoot
Oct 25, 2009
pacific northwest
Hello everyone,
Well a friend from the antique radios website told me about this site.
myself I do collect almost anything antique but mostly antique radios that I restore .
But I do love restoring antique lighting and furinture to .

For me I love researching info on some that I find almost as much as owning it.
most of my wekly finds come out of houses being sold or a garage being cleaned out .
Also here in the northwest there are a lot of old ghost towns and abandoned farm home barns .

Sincerely Rich
P.S. I just wanted to say high to everyone :hello2:

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Welcome to the board. Sounds like you need to get a detector and find some of the goodies lost in the ground at all the old places you frequent,with your background in radios you may have the parts on hand to build your own :}...Shoot

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
Hi and welcome too, i'm new too..20.000 ks away but with a click of a button i can read about some real neat discoveries and post my finds a receive great feedback ...you are gonna love this site...des

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
X-Star.jpg

Attachments

• X-Star.jpg
    X-Star.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 289

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to T-Net. Or should I say to the family.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Radiorich, Welcome to tnet. The men/women here have treated me very nice, for the one year I have been reading and posting. It is a good site, with some of the world's most knowledgable T-hunters making input.
Won't be long, you reading some of the t-hunters' posts, before you will be thinking about investing in some equipment that will play more beautiful music then any radio ever could. :laughing7: And, when you hear the beautiful music coming from the
netherparts of the earth, you will never know what is making the music UNTIL YOU DIG IT UP. After that, you will be digging the rest of your life. :o
Seriously, glad that you are taking a look at what this site is about, and hope some of it inspires you. It does me. :thumbsup:

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoops! Forgot to ask you, where are you from in the Northwest? I used to live in the LaGrande, Oregon area.....home in Elgin.
Now have been living in S. Korea for the past 10 years, and before that, on and off here for about 35 years.......that pretty much dates me, doesn't it? :tongue3:

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from me too. I'm fairly new here as well and I love this site! It's so neat to finally find a place packed with nice people who all share the same degree of passion (and who don't think someone's nuts if he happily plods up and down field rows for 8 hours straight! :tongue3:) You'll find no shortage of daily inspiration and knowledge here either! :icon_thumleft:

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Welcome aboard!!! It's a very nice place to research thing's as well as see what kind of history is brought back to life.

Enjoy!!

Twin Digger's from Minnesota

OP
OP
R

radiorich

Tenderfoot
Oct 25, 2009
pacific northwest
Hello shootist,
I do have a metal detector it's a Compass brand the company has gone out of business it was built in
Oregon .
Far as radio and tv repair that was my main business since the mid 80s but now made it a side business .
Most of my finds are above ground but i did find some cool old bottle while helping a friend put in a new block wall at his 1920s home .
my most valuable find was a antique rocker built by Gustav Stickley in 1905 it was found in old 1903 homes attic that we were cleaning out for a customer .
Sincerely Rich

OP
OP
R

radiorich

Tenderfoot
Oct 25, 2009
pacific northwest
Hello hikeinmts,
Well I live in Washington state!

SteveDodds ,
I might know your brother if he belongs to the antique radio forum because been member of it since 05.
one latest problems is like 3 years ago I got some early 1900 photos and they have started to curle.
since I took them out of their old scrap book.
Rich

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

SS

Attachments

• welcome.jpg
    welcome.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 151

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
I don't know if he does belong to the forum or not. If he does he has never told me and he is not here to ask him. Some of his radios that are in the works:

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 142

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread