Just wanted to say hello!

KonaKustoms

Mar 7, 2010
St. Charles, Mo.
Detector(s) used
None Yet but looking for a scuba unit!
Hello everyone, I have been watching the site and really like the post's. I am moving to Fl. Next summer to start a dive charter gig and love the ship wreck info....
I am currently completing my IDC training (SSI & PADI) In the St. Louis, Mo. area before I go to live in Fl.
Can anyone give me advise on a good underwater detector to use....there are so many on the market and I just want a good one for a good price to get started and upgrade later to a better unit if I like the hobby!
I have dove several wrecks in the last 20 yrs. and now I want to take it a step up by using a metal detector now.

Thanks.....Brad

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Brad, as one diver to another you are going to have a ball in Florida waters. As for detectors to us a Pulse or Excal II is the way to go. Pulses are a dig all type as they can discriminate a little, but iron gives them trouble, but they will find targets deep in the sand. Excals are excellent because they ignore smaller iron and can respond to all the other metals like gold, silver and other metals.

I use the Excal mainly but have used the Sand Shark by Tesoro with much success. The Garrett Infinium LS is also a great PI for underwater use.

Good Luck,
Sandman

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some detector go to 20 too 30 feet others 100 too 200 feet it depend on your dept sound like you will be going deep.I would stick to a vlf over a P.i no reson to bee down 100' feet with a P.I and dig down tree feet for a chunck of iron. I hope that help lift loop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread