Just wanted to say hello

Woody14

Apr 3, 2007
Central New York
Detector(s) used
MXT
Hello ;D

Just wanted to introduce myself, my nicknames Woody and i live in central New York. I've been metal detecting for a couple of years but haven't really had the time to get deep into the sport. This year however, me and my wife are looking to do a lot more. Im planning on joining up with a club here in the area, because I really need to hone my skills with the detector, and it sounds like a good time.
The only problem I have with the sport is all the laws and restrictions on where you can go. My head aches trying to figure out the rules for town, city, and state parks. And what about state lands?
Anyways if anyone could throw some tips my way, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and hope to be showing off some of my finds soon :)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Your best local "dos " and "dont's" will come from your club. But, either way you can learn a ton here... I'll guarantee your club has the laws down pat.

Welcome to Treasure Net from a native Upstater... 19 Years near Rochester and 13 years in Rome NY.

All of central NY has huge treasure potential!

KenPa

Apr 7, 2006
Easton, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Welcome Woody, I wish I could help you with where to go but I don't know the laws in your area but there are great people here that will help you find out. Good Luck to you and your wife. I'll be looking forward to your posts

OP
OP
Woody14

Woody14

Apr 3, 2007
Central New York
Detector(s) used
MXT
Yep, me and my wife plan on going to the meeting this coming month. The local group has theres at the end of every month. And im in the same county, and I agree, theres all kinds of spots. I don't worry about value, just something about never knowing what you'll pull up.
Just wish there weren't so many laws to keep a harmless hobby down.
Now if our snow will ever stop, I could go out and get some practice in :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions