Just wanted to say hi

Dale1122

Apr 17, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark
I'm new to this site and just wanted to say hi. I live in Sebastian Florida and have decided to give MDing a try. I will probably buy a Tigershark this week, although I'm open to suggestions. The Tigershark is within my budget and I plan to mostly detect on the beach, however i dive and this gives me the option of diving and still using the detector inland.

Could someone explain the rules or provide a link for detecting in the Sebastian area along the shoreline etc. I know I can get in trouble for diving with a detector in the ocean but I can't find the rules on where the restricted areas begin and end etc.

One other thing, It looks like the Tesoro Tigershark is the same price everywhere, is there any reason or recommendation on which company I should purchase from?

Thanks
Dale

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Welcome to the tnet! I do not know the rules on diving and detecting but I am sure someone will answer that very soon. Everyone is very helpful here! Glad to have you with us!

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Don't know anything about diving or water detectors but welcome aboard & good luck with whatever detector you end up with . HH

tenbears

Mar 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II,ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome,when i think of florida it's beaches and gold! HH ;D

deedeelou

Mar 10, 2007
Hi Dale,

Welcome to TreasureNet.

Don't know a thing about beaches or diving, but check out the forums that are specific to those things, or the forum for Florida - I'll bet there is a lot of information in those forums that will be helpful to you.

Dee

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Dale.You should be fine along the beach except for in the state parks,in which you have to obtain permission from the park manager.For hunting in the water,here is a link that lists the Fisher lease sites coordinates,where you cannot dive for treasure.I hope this helps-http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,52048.0.html.You might want to ask around in the "beach and shallow water" forum or in the "shipwrecks" forum,there are other water sites that are off limits,i'm just not sure of all of them.Did you know they have started to dredge the Sebastian river?

OP
OP
D

Dale1122

Apr 17, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark
I have seen that they are dredging the Sebastian river, I have a boat and get out there often. I may try to see where they are dropping all that nasty silt and run a MD thru it provided it is in a legal area. ;D . Im not sure if they have started the new Inlet to ICW channel yet but that should be underway soon.

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
nice to have ya here and sorry cant help with much I am new too and from nj lol good luck and let us know how you do

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dale1122 said:
I have seen that they are dredging the Sebastian river, I have a boat and get out there often. I may try to see where they are dropping all that nasty silt and run a MD thru it provided it is in a legal area. ;D . Im not sure if they have started the new Inlet to ICW channel yet but that should be underway soon.
I'll give you the links that provide that info. The first one is what I read,the second one is something I just found yesterday on this site and don't know how true it is,although i'd like to know if it is.Maybe you could check it out. Here you go-http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,63940.0.html and http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,76458.0.html-scroll down to reply number 8.

OP
OP
D

Dale1122

Apr 17, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark
I did post what info I have on that topic, going out there in the boat this afternoon, Ill check these dredges and report back.

OP
OP
D

Dale1122

Apr 17, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark
Checking out the dredging in Sebastian today. They are currently pumping sand onto the beach south of the inlet from the sand trap inside the inlet but they haven't started the channel from the inlet to the ICW yet.

From the US 1 bridge I couldn't see the dredging operation going on in the Sebastian River,I didn't take the boat up past the bridge so they must still be dredging west of the railroad bridge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread