Kookiemonsta

May 6, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Minelab XTerra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the last few days I was debating buying a Tesoro Silver uMax on cragslist for 175. Pulled the trigger n bought it (my first MD)... ended up not being able to meet the gentlemen until midnight!! I got home and was fiending so bad, and finding coins under a blanket as practice lasted all of 2 minutes.... I needed to get out! So I went and got my ice fishing headlamp and a lil garden shovel from the garage... ITS ON! It took me an hour and a half to find all of this. The first few holes were a bugger... It took my a good 10 minutes per hole trying to find what was beeping. After a while though I am quickly learning to pinpoint and filter out those darn iron nails. I did find a penny!! only 1962, but it was GLORIOUS after the chunks of trash!

Im now left thinking what in the world happened in my yard...! Who the heck threw nails everywhere HAHAH!

Oh the paintbrush was neat too!!

SO HOOKED!! Setting my alarm for 3 hours (daytime) and getting back out there before work.

First Find 5-13-13.jpg

-Kookie

Upvote 0

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your hooked now- it shows- have fun and keep posting your finds. HH

yelnif

ps- there is a forum thread here @ posting pics that you might read- it will help all when it comes to ID'ing your future unknown finds. HH

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice price on the Umax. It's a great machine,

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh No there goes another one. The Obsession is well.......... an Obsession. Wait till you can't go to sleep the nite before a hunt. Then there's the not being able to concentrate at work. I had to retire couldn't do handle it had to hunt. HH Hunter

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've it as bad as anyone ever has! I find myself waking in the middle of the night looking at TN on iPad. Sometimes for hours. Scanning my iPhone at work many times throughout the day. My wife's convinced I'm an addict. I've been out in my yard as well at 10 o'clock at night with flashlight swatting mosquitos trying new tips I read on TN. I may need professional help!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It certainly is an obsession, I unfortunately have not been able to hunt anywhere other than my yard. I'm hoping that will change tonight. I plan on hunting a fresh water beach after work.

rick the relic

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2013
lake city,fl.
Detector(s) used
tecnetics delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
im a newbie also went yesterday digging trash then hit 2 old lincolns im hooked went and bought a pinpointer today to help aid finding.good luck

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My detector is coming Monday. I ordered it and couldn't sleep-just from ordering it. And thanks for my new word of the day:
fiending: to incredibly crave for something:icon_thumright:
Good luck and happy hunting!

ps, you only missed a wheatie by 4 years :BangHead: LOL

Last edited:

dakotagrappler

Jan 18, 2013
I am still giddy... A little over a year since I bought my MD. Our winter was so long I feel I missed out on at least a good month of solid detecting... So I have the fever, like every day... It wasn't that long ago I found this website and it seems to give me a bit more to do then, day dream... Or does it add to my daydreaming..... Haha..

Good luck with your Mding.

OP
OP
K

Kookiemonsta

May 6, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Minelab XTerra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHA! Thank you everyone for the welcome! Glad to see there are many more like me :)
After going out there for only 5 hours or so I can so the NEED for a pinpointer. The uMax is really nice at pinpointing, but the ease of a pinpointer would be incredible... I think I may have to find the it in the budget again haha!
Just have to convince the fiance! =P

BTW I DID only sleep 3 hours and got up to MD haha! Still running on those 3 hours :) About to sleep now and get up tomorrow for some more coins!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions