Metal Detecting

Attachments

• image-757188250.jpg
    image-757188250.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0

Nickel Searcher 219

May 25, 2012
Dude i found a 1918 buffalo and 2 war nicks this week.I can only do 50$ at a time so I can only do 1-2 boxes a week.Nickels are great here in Missouri.and congrats on your finds.

OP
OP
FrenchCreoleCoin

FrenchCreoleCoin

Jul 20, 2012
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nickel Searcher 219 said:
Dude i found a 1918 buffalo and 2 war nicks this week.I can only do 50$ at a time so I can only do 1-2 boxes a week.Nickels are great here in Missouri.and congrats on your finds.

Congrats back at ya! Sound like ur doing pretty good with small amounts! Keep at it :)

OP
OP
FrenchCreoleCoin

FrenchCreoleCoin

Jul 20, 2012
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nickel Searcher 219 said:
Yeah i am waiting til I get 14 war nicks to trade my local coin store for a Morgan Dollar.

That sounds like the way to go! Those Morgan's are only going up

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the morgan's supposed to have a premium or something? I got 7 of them and 10 peace at a bank for face. Two of my morgans were key date so the guy at my coin shop offered more than spot for those (still less than they probably were worth though) and spot for all the others. Is he ripping me off?

OP
OP
FrenchCreoleCoin

FrenchCreoleCoin

Jul 20, 2012
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jnb1994 said:
Are the morgan's supposed to have a premium or something? I got 7 of them and 10 peace at a bank for face. Two of my morgans were key date so the guy at my coin shop offered more than spot for those (still less than they probably were worth though) and spot for all the others. Is he ripping me off?

It just depends on the coin, you need to know the numismatic value in order to know if he's ripping u off, plus he has to make money too so you'll never get top dollar from the coin shop

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I pulled a 25 p buff yesterday. Got a dateless today. Results coming soon

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job, gotta love those silver war nics and buffalo nickels! especially ones with dates!
hh
buff(my favorite coin: buffalo nickels)

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jnb1994 said:

I would keep those silver dollars. Would be about the last crh find I would part with. JMO.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Morgans always go for a premium, peace dollars too but not as much. Morgans are always going to be worth at least $25 a piece, regardless of how low silver goes. Right now you could sell em for $30-$40 on ebay if they're in ok condition. If you want to know if you're being ripped off or not, all you have to do is search on ebay for the coin and use the "advance search" option and click "completed trades only". This will show you all the auctions that have ended for that coin, and is a price guideline. He will give you less than this, that is normal, but not like half the value or anything

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mercury1 said:
I would keep those silver dollars. Would be about the last crh find I would part with. JMO.

Ya I wasn't planning on selling those. I'm just a numbers guy and like to know what my stuff is worth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread