Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not a expert at panning ... But there is a lot of videos and info. on youtube about panning.............

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
ask around to find someone that already is doing it around where you live and ask if he will show you how to do this. you may have to do some grunt work for him, but youll be learning while your grunting for him! theres no better way to learn than being with a experienced prospector.but being only 15,ask your father to go with you also!better to be safe than sorry!plus itll be some good bonding experience/time.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi young fella,
You may want to see if there are any GPAA chapters in your area or other prospecting clubs near you. You'll learn alot from them and they will be more than willing to teach you. If you ever come to the Black Hills with your family on vacation I have two claims I'll take you to.
Good Luck

B H Prospector

OP
OP
E

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone. The nearest GPAA is about 2 hours from me, so I doubt that will be an option. I had ordered some paydirt from ebay for cheapish and found some gold, so at least I know I am panning right and not losing it all. I checked youtube and it has some informational videos. Thanks again

Elijah

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Practice makes perfect.

Back when I first started panning, years ago, someone told me to put bb's in a pan of dirt (and count them), and keep on practicing until you can do it
fast and get all the bb's back.

A two or three hour drive to a prospecting or mining spot is really not much - of course, in another year, you can drive it, if you get your license, right?

Meanwhile - practice.

Here is a pretty decent video - not perfect, but, everyone develops their own way of panning eventually.

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread