Just wondering

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I’m confused. Was the crown, shovel and x in the rock or on the ledge?
I take it the rock has cracks in the surface if they were able to drive wooden wedges into it. This sounds quite interesting. Photos always help in cases such as these. Thanks for posting

OP
OP
B

Beaver@

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2023
I’m confused. Was the crown, shovel and x in the rock or on the ledge?
I take it the rock has cracks in the surface if they were able to drive wooden wedges into it. This sounds quite interesting. Photos always help in cases such as these. Thanks for posting
The rock had been wedged off of the top of a overhang you could see were they had drove two wedges in a Crack on it but it broke off a little higher up we thought someone was perhaps made it drop to cover up a cave or hole the carvings were done on top of the rock after it had fell we were looking for the Johnson Swift Silver Mine it was then our family we had just found some signs that we had been told about when we were trying to go in the directions they were pointing us to we discovered the ledge and found the rock laying there my brother scraped the carvings off of the top thinking he would keep anyone from finding it

OP
OP
B

Beaver@

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2023
The rock had been wedged off of the top of a overhang you could see were they had drove two wedges in a Crack on it but it broke off a little higher up we thought someone was perhaps made it drop to cover up a cave or hole the carvings were done on top of the rock after it had fell we were looking for the Johnson Swift Silver Mine it was then our family we had just found some signs that we had been told about when we were trying to go in the directions they were pointing us to we discovered the ledge and found the rock laying there my brother scraped the carvings off of the top thinking he would keep anyone from finding it he took some photos before that but he has since had a stroke and no longer able to tell me were they are at

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A picture is worth a thousand words and would help.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry my brother took pictures but has since had a stroke and can't tell me were there at
Sorry to hear of brother's health problem.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go back and take pics yourself.

OP
OP
B

Beaver@

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2023
Go back and take pics yourself.
Yeah I'm planning another trip to the spot I will take some pics we are trying to get prepared we also found a cave we are planning to explore at the same time do you no if silver will look the same in the wall of a cave just wondering what to be watching for someone has mad a tunnel you can walk down in the cave we were looking for Jonathan Swift Silver Mine we found it there was a story pass down through the family that they had buried some coins under a rock that's why we was interested in the one we found but it was supposed to look like a buffalo laying down and this one does not

OP
OP
B

Beaver@

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2023
Yeah I'm planning another trip to the spot I will take some pics we are trying to get prepared we also found a cave we are planning to explore at the same time do you no if silver will look the same in the wall of a cave just wondering what to be watching for someone has mad a tunnel you can walk down in the cave we were looking for Jonathan Swift Silver Mine when we found the cave there was a story pass down through the family that they had buried some coins under a rock that's why we was interested in the one we found but it was supposed to look like a buffalo laying down and this one does not

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread