Justified Negative Feedback?

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
Ordered some BU penny rolls and the buyer marked shipped on listing 4 days after I paid.

However after receiving item, it was obvious he just marked it shipped but did not actually mail until the 19th --5 days after I paid. Also never returned my email inquiring about the lack of information on the tracking. (There was none until he actually mailed on the 19th) his listing stated all items are shipped within 48 hours.

I sell a lot on eBay and dread negative FB (I have received 2 in 10 years) so I do not take leaving neg. FB lightly.

Opinions?

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't warrant negative feedback IMO. You received what you paid for, albeit a little slower than advertised.

I Dig Jesus

Feb 10, 2013
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster DB / Classic ID / M6 Matrix / & now The Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree, inconvenient? Slightly, but as long as your happy with the item, who cares.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neutral feedback at worst. contact him one more time to see if he will make it right or at least give you a reason, if he still ignores you Id give the neutral feedback (no communication AND slow shipping)

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having worked at eBay for quite some time in my career, I can honestly say that feedback rules have changed significantly. I hear you on concerns about getting negative feedback, but that is no longer the case. Only buyers can leave negative feedback now. So, the ball is in your court. It does dramatically affect sellers more for getting low star feedback on shipping than on the positive/neutral/negative. If it was me in this case, I'd let it slide.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with joe777 neutral feed back if if he doesn't respond.( slow and no communication)

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I'd give a neutral or even positive but hit him with one star across the board. It will affect their DSR ratings and if they're a top rated seller they'll get a warning for it

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd give a neutral or even positive but hit him with one star across the board. It will affect their DSR ratings and if they're a top rated seller they'll get a warning for it

1 star on a 1-5 star system seems awfully harsh IMO. The seller shipped in 5 days, which is only 3 days longer than advertised. That isn't "1 star" slow. I'd say thats probably "4 star" slow. There may have been a very good reason behind the slight delay. For lack of a more elegant word, crap happens. Lotsa crazy weather lately, he may have been snowed in. There might have been a death or sickness in the family. Etc., etc. etc. I don't like that the buyer's email was not replied to, but again there may have been more pressing issues.

Bottom line is that the buyer got exactly what he ordered and paid for. The only problem, and its a very slight one IMO, is that it was shipped a whopping 72 hours later than advertised. That would not be that big of a deal to me. I still say it warrants very positive, but maybe not perfect, feedback.

OP
OP
MentalUnrest

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
I agree with posters. The slow ship didn't affect me and that is not my main gripe. It was the blatant attempt at the trickery used by seller.

He clearly hit the "marked as shipped" button while sitting on item for another 4 days.

I'll leave neutral, just didn't like trying to be deceived.

MU

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread