Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And no cleanup....

What real purpose does that top thing serve?

The sluice is getting clogged up and taking forever to feed.

For far less you can have a Bazooka, for less than that you can have your choice of several standard sluice box's that can easily handle that material.

I don't mean bash his creativity, that's great if he thinks his highbanker/drivewaybanker is something worth almost $600 dollars but I don't see it.

Thank you for posting that video Viking. :)

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it a weird gold cube kinda thing?
not sure...vid does not show.........
heh

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The top breaks up the material. It looks good as no classification is needed but I can't find any info on it at all other than ebay.

Tonto

Oct 14, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab: XT70, XT17000, Sov XS w/S-1 probe
Tesoro: Lobo ST, Toltec II
Whites 4900, Eagle II SL 90, Spectrum XLT
Falcon MD 20, Whites GMT, TDI Pro, Vibraprobe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with NeoTokyo. The header doesn't do anything but look good. I can't see any advantage to it.

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It looks like a home build. From what I can tell its a California Sluice with a home made plexiglass "separator"
Being run off the family van battery. Won't the wife be pissed when the old caravan won't start next day and all you have to show is a strange plexiglass box with rocks stuck in it.

Last edited:

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I asked this guy if the material needed to be classified, and here is his response:
Dear jimmy-do-little,

The K-GRS-1 Gold Recovery System has a 1" removeable stainless steel classifying screen on the top of the header box. The headerbox will handle rocks up to 1-1/2" in size without the classifing screen. Larger rocks can be washed off in the headerbox or in the sluice box. Rocks in the sluice box will not cause a loss of gold as in most sluice boxes using carpeting, miners moss and perforated metal mesh. The K-GRS-1 riffle system will allow the gold to settle to the bottom of the riffles. Gold in the submicron size,( much finer than most people can pan out), has been captured in the sluice portion, as well as trapping nuggets up to and over 1/2 oz troy. Cleanouts can be made in less than one minute and be back running again. Thanks for your question. May you always find gold.

- motorbuggy

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The waterfall set up isn't for basic classification, mainly it's for breaking up clay and cleaning the rocks. I talked to Karl the designer and manufacturer and being that he is just a couple hours from here, we are setting up a date to go over his system and then I'll make a good video of it that shows and tells all - the good and the bad. The plexiglass unit shown is for display only to show the water flow along with the cobbles slamming into the sides and everything being washed in each level to clean and separate all of the gold. I've seen a couple of good units now that can be used in the field with no classification and that's what I'm looking at. The Gold Cube with the trommel set up is a great set up also but it's over $1000.00 for the complete system and is bulkier than this is for field work. It looks like this waterfall could be used as a hopper for most any sluice but I really want to see the sluice and riffles in this system before going any farther on that. Whether it's something special or if it is just a California Sluice, I'll let you know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread