K River in OK

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Greenville NC at the moment but am planning on moving back to Durant OK (my home town) soon and I'm a GPAA member as well. My question is K river a really good place to go?
Second Blue river runs through our place and about 6 years ago a friend and I used a sluice box on Blue and found a few spec's of gold, has any other OKIE'S prospected Blue river and in what area?
Blue river on our place is 1 mile north of HWY 70 E. and i have access to over 3 miles of this river. I now have a 3 1/2" high banker dredge combo set up.
Thanks for any and all replies...
PS it says I'm a new member to Tnet...but I'm not, I just reactivated my account...LOL.. :hello2:
OKIE

Upvote 0
OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will keep u posted as to when i will be back in OK. it will be in mid Feb... I need to get a wet suit that water is going to be COLD.. :BangHead:

OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No guts no glory....umm i mean GOLD.... no one ever called us OKIE'S smart...LOL.... :icon_scratch:

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Headed back to K River Sunday going to freeze but the fever should keep me warm got the dredge this time :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
PS will post pics of any finds

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OKIE said:
okbasspro when are you going back?

Wanted to go on the 13th but we got ice snow and sleet arriving then. :headbang: I will try to go the following weekend I am going nuts when weather good river is up when river is down weather sucks.When will you be in Oklahoma we will try and hook up with you. :headbang:

Happy Panning
Jeff

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wait until mid summer. It will be 100 degrees and the river will be almost stangnant!

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jason in Enid said:
Just wait until mid summer. It will be 100 degrees and the river will be almost stangnant!

I have at least 4 long weekends scheduled in july and august I would like to work the bugs out of the new equipment before then and see what else I need for how I will use it.I also have the fever bad and will go any chance I get.

Jeff

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in North Texas. Gainesville to be exact. I didn't know there was any color to be found near this area. I'm wondering if it would be worth checking out the creeks coming out of Lake Texoma. Any thought?

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
forhorsmn said:
I'm in North Texas. Gainesville to be exact. I didn't know there was any color to be found near this area. I'm wondering if it would be worth checking out the creeks coming out of Lake Texoma. Any thought?

I would check creeks flowing into the lake not out of it.I have never been there so maybe Im wrong but I never heard of gold running out of a lake.Gold is where you find it though so pick a nice day and just enjoy being out and if you cut some color then all the better.There is a campground 8 miles north of Bowie called Ironwill Family Campground that has some gold.They charge $25 a day to acess K river only charges $3 and I know there is some decent color there and the camp host are friendly.

Best of Luck and may your pan turn yellow

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lake outflow is the original river channel. There could be gold from before the lake was created. IF you don't go, you won't know!

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. I'll be heading out as soon at the weather gets a bit better (and I finish making my own sluice). Thanks for the info.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello All I am headed to K River on 4/21 or 4/22 anyone interested in going I will call OKIE and see if he wants to he is here in Oklahoma right now.

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got access to a Gold Dredge (my Brothers), I live in OKC, I think it's 3' system mounted on 2 pontoons. my brother used to use it in Gunnison Colo when he and my dad worked a claim there.... I might be interested in going South to Dredge, just let me know, LFG. it's a serious machine.

TxGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Proline 2.5" combo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am an Oklahoman, in North Texas, Bonham to be exact, and have a proline 2.5" combo unit. I am interested in anyplace in the area to go, I have heard there is color in the Red River, anyone else heard that ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread