Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont buy it off eBay they will charge 125 shipping if you can get it local the orange kanaflex SR is top of the line
you can get clearflow suction hose from a local rubber supply store, the best for the price is Kuriyama W Series Heavy Duty suction hose.
I use the kanaflo blue on the pressure side it's only rated to 70psi but haven't had any problems with it, and still flexible enough.
get rid of that stiff farm hose for sure. Welcome to Tnet :occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

goodfoot

May 23, 2018
Chelan, WA
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply. I am looking at ebay, shipping is $33 for each size so its not that bad? Ive been researching for a long time and it seems like you can get good deals per foot from places but kill you in shipping. I do like the W series but can't find a fair price. I live in a small town with no rubber supply places to go to so I think this is the best I can do.

AUAlaska

Sep 24, 2017
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dont buy it off eBay they will charge 125 shipping if you can get it local the orange kanaflex SR is top of the line
you can get clearflow suction hose from a local rubber supply store, the best for the price is Kuriyama W Series Heavy Duty suction hose.
I use the kanaflo blue on the pressure side it's only rated to 70psi but haven't had any problems with it, and still flexible enough.
get rid of that stiff farm hose for sure. Welcome to Tnet :occasion14:

winners58 do you think kanaflex Kanaline SR would be the right choice for my 6" suction hose on my dredge build? I saw sum at our rubber shop. I have always had a problem with suction hose being to flexable and getting holes or to stiff it moves my dredge when I move it. trying to find a happy medium. Kanaline SR

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've looked at it, I don't know anyone using it for dredging and don't know how it would stand up with sand & gravel going through it.
I would stick with the heavy duty Tigerflex, whatever you get, you're stuck with or at least would want to get your moneys worth,
the Kanaflex SR would be double ply with the reinforcing, cost more and longjevaty unknown.

the Tigerflex should last many seasons.
https://products.kuriyama.com/item/...heavy-duty-pvc-liquid-suction-hose-2/w600x100
https://products.kuriyama.com/Asset/Kuriyama-Tigerflex-Hoses-Catalog_January2016_42.pdf

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive done research on dredge hose...
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard GoodFoot! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (if necessary)...

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would not recommend kanaflex SR for use as a dredge hose especially in larger dredge sizes. Initially i thought it would be a good route to go since it was available and cheap in my area but it is far to stiff for use as a dredge hose. It will wear you out in no time trying to work the nozzle.

Get hose that is made for dredging, it may cost more in the short term but youll save yourself alot of money in the long run.

I recommend Spiralite 195, which is the brand and type of hose proline dredges come with, or tigerflex W series hose.

Best of luck

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
I have had the same problem as you and i have heard of people using the kanaflex 155gy hose.

I bought a kanaflex 180 and it was wayy to flexable.
It didnt last a month. .

And now i have the kanaflex 110 or 112 which is wayy too stiff but it suree is a strong hose . I hit the thing with bat.

But then you have to wrestle with the thing.

I believe the 155gy should be in between both hose which should be perfect. .

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
I have had the same problem as you and i have heard of people using the kanaflex 155gy hose.

I bought a kanaflex 180 and it was wayy to flexable.
It didnt last a month. .

And now i have the kanaflex 110 or 112 which is wayy too stiff but it suree is a strong hose . I hit the thing with bat.

But then you have to wrestle with the thing.

I believe the 155gy should be in between both hose which should be perfect. .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread