Kangxi Porcelain Shards...

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all... Just thought I would share a quick photo of four Kangxi Porcelain shards that I found on the beach over the last week in the shell line... They came from 1715 Fleet - Corrigans Wreck area. Definately some of the prettier pieces I have found... Love the floral patterned pieces... And a two of the pieces have bottom rim present...

ATTACH]917331[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• image-3040978498.jpg
    image-3040978498.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 127

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable. Nice finds again Phips and to find 4 pieces of matching patterns. You could probably complete the piece with just a few more walks on the beach. Look like all from the same piece have you tried matching them together. Keep up the search...you finds are some of the best... I have ever seen.
The two smaller pieces do match I believe...

Merry Christmas

Last edited:

FindSomeGold

Jan 23, 2012
Florida East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful! I'm not trying to be a smarty pants, but is "Kangxi" different than K'ang Hsi, or just a misspelling?

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Trez... Thanks for the compliments... Unfortunately none of these pieces fit together and we have all seen many pieces with the same flower designs on them so whether they are from one item or multiple would be hard to say... And the edges are really sand worn smooth so even if they might have been from one particular item at one time, it would be highly unlikely that they would still fit together just right...

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FindSomeGold... It looks like AU_Dreamers answered your question very nicely and I do believe from research that the standard or most common spelling is Kangxi...

It was great to finally come across some blue and white! It's been so long since any has come up in my favorite porcelain spots... Dang beach renourishment....

OP
OP
PhipsFolly

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Old Man... Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions