jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Seriously... Please stop supporting this guy's sick videos. His smug little laugh ::shudder::

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously... Please stop supporting this guy's sick videos. His smug little laugh ::shudder::

Why does it bother you at all? What should bother you is that AMERICANS believe these things. It is at the least informative of the decline.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Why does it bother you at all? What should bother you is that AMERICANS believe these things. It is at the least informative of the decline.

Dave, I am well aware that there are some really stupid people walking amongst us.

It really irks me that this guy has made his mark by pointing that out. He outwardly mocks his fellow Americans. Disgusting.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But doesn't it show you anything at all, Ben? There is so much to learn in their responses. You do know these people also have the ability to vote right?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But doesn't it show you anything at all, Ben? There is so much to learn in their responses. You do know these people also have the ability to vote right?

That is the problem, they vote...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They "teach" without knowledge of history and without thought of the repercussions of their actions.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave, I am well aware that there are some really stupid people walking amongst us.

It really irks me that this guy has made his mark by pointing that out. He outwardly mocks his fellow Americans. Disgusting.

Don't ever go to a comedy Club then...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clueless.

Comedians make fun of people all the time, best to avoid comedy clubs if your offended by that.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Comedians make fun of people all the time, best to avoid comedy clubs if your offended by that.

EDIT: My comments below are addressed solely at the quoted comments above and have nothing to do with the OP's video.

TH,

There is a HUGE difference between Chris Rock telling a racially insensitive joke and a right wing white NRA member telling a racially insensitive joke.

How can you be so black/white about things. You do not know me. I know what comedy is - in fact I love offensive comedy.

I DO know the difference between offensive comedy and hate speech disguised as comedy.

Additionally, your argument is weak. You are not defending these disgusting videos (which are not intended to be comedy). Instead you are attempting (and failing) to poke holes in my statements with baseless assumptions about my own beliefs.

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ben, If you are politically correct you could amend this statement in one of 2 ways.
1. Include the race of Chris Rock.
2. Remove the racial description of the interviewer. And do you know he is an NRA member?

It doesn't look good when you do that. Ask NY policemen.

That is the only Hate Speech I see here. You are searching for a reason to be upset.

Are you also saying I am a hateful guy because I am in the NRA? You Reach too far, Friend.

"There is a HUGE difference between Chris Rock telling a racially insensitive joke and a right wing white NRA member telling a racially insensitive joke."

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Ben, If you are politically correct you could amend this statement in one of 2 ways.
2. Remove the racial description of the interviewer.

That is the only Hate Speech I see here. You are searching for a reason to be upset.

Im not being politically correct... was not attempting to be...

I was not referring to the interviewer in the video. He was not telling a joke.

The argument between TH and I has morphed from the original statement related to the OP's post. Im not quite sure what you are even talking about but I have no intention into being dragged into a new 3rd argument with you.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I wasn't very clear. I amended my post, and if you would like I will underscore and highlight your remarks I was referring to?

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
2. Remove the racial description of the interviewer. And do you know he is an NRA member?

Are you also saying I am a hateful guy because I am in the NRA? You Reach too far, Friend.

"There is a HUGE difference between Chris Rock telling a racially insensitive joke and a right wing white NRA member telling a racially insensitive joke."

No, I am saying that the context of racially insensitive jokes is key to a joke either being funny or being offensive. If you cannot see this, then I cannot help you to further understand my point.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I am saying that the context of racially insensitive jokes is key to a joke either being funny or being offensive. If you cannot see this, then I cannot help you to further understand my point.

Oh sure, I get it, But do you?

Ben- "right wing white NRA member telling a racially insensitive joke."

As I said. I am a White, NRA member( although I am a liberal). Why do you try to make that an insult? Or why would Chris Rock be okay but the opposite is not.. I am not sure you understand "equal justice under the law"

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh sure, I get it, But do you?

Ben- "right wing white NRA member telling a racially insensitive joke."

As I said. I am a White, NRA member( although I am a liberal). Why do you try to make that an insult? Or why would Chris Rock be okay but the opposite is not.. I am not sure you understand "equal justice under the law"

Stand up in a comedy club and tell some of Chris Rock's famous sketches "N*** vs blacks" for example. Wonder who will get laughs and who will get booed and have tomatoes thrown at them?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stand up in a comedy club and tell some of Chris Rock's famous sketches "N*** vs blacks" for example. Wonder who will get laughs and who will get booed and have tomatoes thrown at them?
And you see no problem with that?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread