Karma and the "Double Dream Day"

cortes517

Jan 6, 2007
Karma and the "Double Dream Day"

;D ;D ;D

Yesterday I took my halves to one of my dump banks, I had accumulated fourteen 40% and one 64
over the previous week as I went about my business. It was the end of the day and quiet in the bank.
The teller asked me if I collected coins and I said I did. We talked for a while, she has been a teller
for a long time and told me about some of the finds she had made over the years, including over $200.00 face value in circulated 1964 halves. I gave her the name of the coin shop where I sell my silver
and explained that with the price of silver closing at $18.83 and the quantity she had that they should give her 11.5-12 times face value $2,300.00+ she was very appreciative. Today I decided to go to a part of town I had never hit. The first bank had $120.00 in rolls, the second had $70.00 and the third had
$90.00, the young teller at the third was so happy to get rid of the halves she had had in her drawer
"forever"! The rolls had been sealed with small pieces of duct tape that had been on there so long that the adhesive had grease stains spreading out from it, GULP! Anyway my totals were: 9-64's, 7-65's, 12-66's, 33-67's, 46-68's, and 20-69's doubling my previous 63 total of 40%ers a while back. I helped a teller and the CRH Karma gave me a big hug! Thirty-eight of the 40%ers were from the 2nd bank and the one with the most rolls gave the least silver, five 40% and three 1964's. Go figure 8)

Cortes

Attachments

• sil2.jpg
    sil2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 268
  • sil1.jpg
    sil1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 236
Upvote 0

ROMEX

Apr 8, 2007
Binghamton NY AREA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE,FISHER F-75, Whites DFX, BH TR550-D
Re: Karma and the "Double Dream Day"

In my own opinion, if you let on to the tellers that you are selling the silver, that teller will keep it all. Then tell her/his friends to do the same, drying up the KARMA that you thought you had.

ROMEX

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA

I offer to buy whatever they keep myself, easy to do and still profit as the coin shops here don't pay didlly.

HH Mark

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course

Romex said:
In my own opinion, if you let on to the tellers that you are selling the silver, that teller will keep it all. Then tell her/his friends to do the same, drying up the KARMA that you thought you had.

ROMEX
:thumbsup: Yuo could also call it "shooting yourself in the foot".

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil

Silver Stripe said:
I offer to buy whatever they keep myself, easy to do and still profit as the coin shops here don't pay didlly.

HH Mark

Ditto , but a hell of a score on those rolls 126 keepers that is a insane score , congrats , Ed

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island

That is an insanely rediculous amount of keepers out of such a small amount of face value... a big congrats on the finds!

I must agree with the shooting yourself in the foot bit though. Although she already knew about silver and kept them, now that she nows they are worth 10-12 times face from a coin shop, you can bet she will either tell every teller she knows (which man span multiple branches) or just snip all the silver that comes in herself by no longer just keeping an eye on HER OWN tray but on other teller's trays as well.

Karma is a big load of bull-honkey anyway... and this just proves it. =)

~Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread