Karma comes back to me!! New spot produces 4 Silvers in 10 minutes!!!!

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Karma comes back to me!! New spot produces 4 Silver's in 10 minutes!!!!

Hello Everyone!! I Call it Karma, for lack of a better word. And I have always felt what comes around goes around. today it came back to me in a good way!!! Recently I have shared almost all of my sites I have been hunting. I have taken several fellow club members to spots that I have recently gotten permission to hunt. I have even taken them with me even when it was the first time for me to be there!! I don't think it's fair to hunt it first, and then take your buddies and hope you left something for them to find. I have a lot more fun when there is someone there with me to share the experience of finding a great coin or relic!!

anyway, I went to a new spot I found though my research, and decided to check it out. this site had a lot of activity from the late 1930's to the early 50's and then it was abandoned. It was close to dark and I only had about an hour or so until sunset. it is in deep woods and I am not a chicken by any means but the coyote's and owls were giving me the creeps!! LOL!!!

I was wandering the site finding a wheat here and there, then I realized I had not found one pulltab or memorial cent!! Don't get me wrong, the site is trashy but not super bad. so I get a real nice quarter signal and I flip a very small plug over. Not even 1-inch deep there is a super nice 1949d quarter!! I keep swinging and about 6-feet to the left of where I found the quarter I get a nice silver dime signal, again, I flip a small 1-inch deep plug and there's a nice 1950d rosie!!! I'm thinking to myself wow!! this spot is looking real good!! I stand up and swing the coil about 1-foot to the left and get another signal, this time it's a solid nickel tone but slightly higher pitched. I dig another inch or two deep plug and out pops a dirtcaked 1945 p War nickel!!! I decide to head back to the truck and swing as I go when I get another silver dime hit!! this one is about 8-feet from the area everything else came out of. I dig another shallow plug and out pops a nice 1945d merc!!!!! it was almost dark so I started making my way back to the truck to get loaded up and headed home. I didn't want to leave but I could hear a lot of rustling in the leaves and it was getting closer. there must have been 4-5 coyotes heading in my direction!! I know they are pretty much harmless but 4-5 and maybe more could be something to worry about when your alone in the middle of dense woods!!

This site is pretty close to where I live and I'm going to keep this one to myself for now. I'm not being selfish, I just need somplace that is private, and that I can go to that is close to me. That way when I have an extra hour or two I can head out to it and just hunt in peace and relax!!
I know there's good coins there, and that will keep me motivated and busy. I should be able to work the site as I get time and hopefully find a few keepers!!!

Attachments

• 11-02-10 #1.JPG
    11-02-10 #1.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 592
  • 11-02-10 #3.JPG
    11-02-10 #3.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 595
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Karma comes back to me!! New spot produces 4 Silver's in 10 minutes!!!!

Sweet finds, but you might wan to consider not rubbing them with all the dirt on it, avoid scratches- keep it up!

HH
-GC

OP
OP
tommyboy72

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer

I don't rub them, I learned that lesson long ago. When I find a silver coin, I put a little water on just the date area and "pat it" to get a date. I do not rub. I like to know what decade the coins are from as I find them. I find it helps me with my searching for some strange reason.

ddjames

Aug 30, 2009
Rural Palmyra, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer, Whites V3i, Whites TRX pinpointer, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

A little warm water rinse and a gentle rub with baking soda will clean that silver up real nice. Good for you on sharing, and Congrats on your finds

Idaho PRB

May 21, 2005
South Central Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Ace 250

That's exciting! Good luck on future hunts.

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro , Fisher CZ-20 , Minelab Explorer SE

Nice haul of silver you got today, one more day like that and you will break the 100 mark. Keep up the good work TH

OP
OP
tommyboy72

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used

I'm at 96 Silver coins for the year so far. I have found 6 silver's in November!! I hope I can keep that average up LOL!!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

coyotes in a pack can be dangerous if your alone * so be prepared to defend yourself and have the means to do so with you.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Looking good!! Best wishes on continued good finds in that spot!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OK, I just trying to get the word out to everyone, shame to see coins that have lasted decades untouched carelessly scratched. I usually use water to get a general idea of what I got- Keep it up!

HH
-GC

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice hunt :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

kansas coin hunter

Feb 24, 2008
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites q2 6000 di series 3 6000di pro and whites bulleye pin pointer

hey bud next time shoot theam coyeties

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now that is a good return for time hunting ! Very nice indeed ! Argentium.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I always take buddies to my sites as well. I feel it is way more enjoyable to share the detecting time with buddies. I enjoy seeing them dig good finds as much as finding them myself. You are a good person to share and yes I believe karma came your way. Keep up your kindness and you will be awarded!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread