KARMA is it real or fake!!!!!

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just posted this on the honorable mention to Steve, as i understood what he was saying about ungrateful people. It truly amazes me that when you do a good act or a kind deed that the recipient does not show the appreciation of it. Just accept it as if nothing happened. If someone found the ring i lost several years ago I would force money into there pocket for the kind act of returning it. WE DO NOT HAVE TO RETURN A ITEM after you lose it people. IT IS OUR CHOICE!!!! You lost it and since that is the case you no longer own it!!!! It is a stand up act to return something that you never owned. IT is a stand up act to return money when you yourself are so hurt that you could have used that. My situation that money could have put me in the green. I chose to do what is right. Unlike the people who take it for granted and not reward kind acts. I apologize to all the members of the board for this post. I just hope that someone who has been returned something understands that when a person finds there item they lost it takes a selfless act to return it. Reward that kindness!!!! You lost it remember. It was written off, so thanks to the person who found it you have it again. Reward THAT!!!!!

Steve, I know what you mean about people today. My story and i'll make it short but it was a honorable mention posting if I ever heard of one. I ran a 5 man landscaping crew and one day while we were doing leaf clean-up i went to clean out a bush of its leaves, when i see one of those metal close-able clip-boards. You know the one contractors use in the field. Upon picking it up it was opened up and papers were on the ground right next to it. So I gathered up the papers. That is when the first $100 bill showed itself. So I went into this thing to see what was there. It was all bills recorded for jobs done. The information inside was for a garage door company and showed a years worth of transactions with all these bills. So Going through them i find the first check and then a second well after 8 un-cashed checks later and $1800 in cash, I found a phone number to the company who lost this clip board. I called them and told them what i found to find out that the installer has been looking for that for 2 weeks. He told me he was on the verge of getting fired for losing that. So he asked if he could meet with me,so i tod him surei would be there for the duration of the day. sure enough he was there in a hr. I gave it back to him and he could not thank me enough for saving him. I told him your welcome and that is when he says "let me give you something for this." I told him that was nice but he did not have to do it. He replied "Yes I do" he reached into his pocket and the next words out of his mouth were, Awe i don't have any cash on me!!" I said that is fine. He left that was it never heard of this again. The other side of this story, I was in debt, was about to lose my place, and was struggling to just eat at that time in life. I had no money on me at the time and was about to borrow just for lunch that day. All told there was $4500 in there with about 2k in cash............................................. .still haven't heard anything from karma yet...........................

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get-the-point said:
I just posted this on the honorable mention to Steve, as i understood what he was saying about ungrateful people. It truly amazes me that when you do a good act or a kind deed that the recipient does not show the appreciation of it. Just accept it as if nothing happened. If someone found the ring i lost several years ago I would force money into there pocket for the kind act of returning it. WE DO NOT HAVE TO RETURN A ITEM after you lose it people. IT IS OUR CHOICE!!!! You lost it and since that is the case you no longer own it!!!! It is a stand up act to return something that you never owned. IT is a stand up act to return money when you yourself are so hurt that you could have used that. My situation that money could have put me in the green. I chose to do what is right. Unlike the people who take it for granted and not reward kind acts. I apologize to all the members of the board for this post. I just hope that someone who has been returned something understands that when a person finds there item they lost it takes a selfless act to return it. Reward that kindness!!!! You lost it remember. It was written off, so thanks to the person who found it you have it again. Reward THAT!!!!!

Steve, I know what you mean about people today. My story and i'll make it short but it was a honorable mention posting if I ever heard of one. I ran a 5 man landscaping crew and one day while we were doing leaf clean-up i went to clean out a bush of its leaves, when i see one of those metal close-able clip-boards. You know the one contractors use in the field. Upon picking it up it was opened up and papers were on the ground right next to it. So I gathered up the papers. That is when the first $100 bill showed itself. So I went into this thing to see what was there. It was all bills recorded for jobs done. The information inside was for a garage door company and showed a years worth of transactions with all these bills. So Going through them i find the first check and then a second well after 8 un-cashed checks later and $1800 in cash, I found a phone number to the company who lost this clip board. I called them and told them what i found to find out that the installer has been looking for that for 2 weeks. He told me he was on the verge of getting fired for losing that. So he asked if he could meet with me,so i tod him surei would be there for the duration of the day. sure enough he was there in a hr. I gave it back to him and he could not thank me enough for saving him. I told him your welcome and that is when he says "let me give you something for this." I told him that was nice but he did not have to do it. He replied "Yes I do" he reached into his pocket and the next words out of his mouth were, Awe i don't have any cash on me!!" I said that is fine. He left that was it never heard of this again. The other side of this story, I was in debt, was about to lose my place, and was struggling to just eat at that time in life. I had no money on me at the time and was about to borrow just for lunch that day. All told there was $4500 in there with about 2k in cash............................................. .still haven't heard anything from karma yet...........................

Equally, I expect nothing, but a thank-you would be fine.

jimyates1959

Greenie
Jul 21, 2010
You have the knowledge that you did the right thing and sometimes that's all the "reward" that you get but I firmly believe everything done whether right or wrong doesn't go without "someone" seeing it. You never know the example you set by your actions.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm very selfish...I return items and do volunteer work because it makes me feel better. Who cares about the people it actually helps... :icon_thumright:

OK...this is said with tongue in cheek (whatever that means) but there is a little bit of truth in it. After I do volunteer work I feel good for weeks. My schedule is a little tight but I try to do something at least one day every month or two. My oldest daughter is old enough now to help so I usually drag her with me...she loves it.

It is always best to do the right thing.

NJ

Goldirocks

Jan 12, 2007
What you did was the right thing to do. Mom and Dad taught you well. If you expected a reward you will not get the Karma. If you did it because you knew that it was the right thing to do you will get your karma when you lease expect it:) I have returned many rings and some people are downright greatful and others don't even say thank you. I can't tell you how many times Karma has hit me like a ton of bricks because I did the right thing.

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I explain my experience;
One afternoon I was about to start hunting on my local beach, and I found a sad girl sitting on the sand, she asked me if I was able to retrieve his wedding ring he had lost..
Half an hour later to retrieve the ring and in return only asked him a picture to be shown in the forum, I had no camera that day but if she made ​​a picture with his camera and I gave her my e.mail address only that I asked in return, nothing more, no money, I just wanted that picture ..... this over two years ago and never sent me the picture.
I never regain any finding if I prepay more than $ 100. :tongue3:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not a very religious person
could say I believe in karma
I live myself on a yin/yan principle
we all do bad things of some sort - even if just minor (bad mouthing some one or flipping them off)
I try to do good things whether major or minor to balance it out
I have made many jewelry returns over the yrs - all I have ever asked for is a pic of me returning it
for posterity or if I cannot physically return - a pic of them holding the return

I would say about 90% of the time - right after I made a return - I found another ring and most times
they have been gold - so I guess you may call that karma

I have a friend who found a class ring - it was his first gold ring ever
he was so excited - he knew i had made returns and the conflict started to
rage within him - it was a recent loss - from his home town and his daughter knew the girl
so he made the return - got phone number called - told them he was coming over with it
knocked on door - door opened a crack - he open his hand and asked is this yours - girl grabbed ring and slammed door in face
he knocked and knocked - no reply - went home and called - they hung up
he said he would probably never make a return again
(that was about 3 yrs ago - dont think he has found a gold ring since)

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
wow! on the karma stories...I haven;t found a class ring but I can say I found a wallet. had 3 bucks in it, and a debit card and drivers license. the lad had moved a few times after being evicted and likely had drug issues- anyhow after knocking on a few doors and trying to find the guy I decided to dump it at his bank (since the debit card was in the wallet) - I never heard anything good or bad from this one, and I don't expect to. it just seemed like the right thing to do.

I also can see karma in action sometimes ...I didn't bother to pick up after my dog when I first got her since I wasn't prepared with a little bag...long story short I ended up stepping in another neighbors dog mess while walking in to my apt the next day. karma is pretty real to me, I am also a believer in the law of attraction. ....you decide to believe something and you'll attract that outcome in your life. the guy in the story above had issues about returning a class ring and it affected his finds from that day on...my belief is I enjoy what I'm doing and I often find good valuable things. if you believe the cops are going to hassle you, people are out to get you, and everyone is bad most of the time what kind of life do you attract? so it might not be all good, but technically it is 'all good' :)

how many people here are optimists I wonder? (hum - I used to be a really negative person...change is a good thing!)
if I ever figure out how to do a survey I'll post one some time soon about this!
:P

HH - and good luck all! :)

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get-the-point

The way i was tot,the more you go out of your way on earth for some one, the greater your return will be
in heaven So even if thing are tough now you will shine in your after life witch is eternity for ever and ever.

when I help some one out and they want to pay. I tell them...lets call it community service with out the incarceration, you should see the look they give me. why ? I want a greater return in my after life.

...liftloop..........................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread