Karma Rules!

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Went hunting today to a beach that is new to me. Had some errands to run beforehand, and I had to go to the bank afterwards, so I wore some denim shorts over my bauthing suit. Well, apparently when I took my shorts off at the beach, my wallet took a dive. Hunted the beach(not a good output, 75 cents i think), went to the bosses house and picked up my pay for last week, and headed for the bank. Upon arriving there, I realized I had no wallet. Joy I thought, and tore apart my truck. Still no wallet. Drove to the bosses house(where I had put my shorts back on) - no wallet. Drove the 20 miniutes back to the beach, no wallet. Went into the restraunt close by to see if anyone turned it in. No wallet, but, the bartender ahd just recieved a call from the guy that found it! He was looking for me, thought I might work there. So I left my number and headed home. A few hours later, I get a knock on the door. The wife answered, and was suprised to see my wallet! The guy drove it all the way here(20-25 miniute drive) from where I lost it. And he wouldnt take a reward, pity too. Offered him the cash that had been in there. Had meant to see if I could interest him in a ring or two, but I forgot. Oh well, all in all, glad to have my wallet back. Guess it pays to do the occasional good deed when you can.

Hope you are all raking it in,
Anthony

Upvote 0

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was an extremely nice gesture of the gentleman to drive all the way to your house to give it to you. A majority of the people of this world are good.

I few years ago I found a wallet at the university and turned it in. The first question out of the guy at the counter was is where is the cash. I told him I found it on the back of the toilet in the bathroom and didn't even open it. I was just trying to do a nice thing and turn it in. I felt so offended me trying to do a good deed and a person that had nothing at all to do with the wallet accusing me of taking cash. If I'm going to take something it has to be billions of dollars :thumbsup: (joking)

It does pay to do good deeds, it does pay in the end.

By the way did your Excal get fixed? If you posted earlier about it sorry that I didn't read it.

OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
No, Excal is still wounded. Someone local did offer me the use of one of his spare Excal's while mine is in the shop tho! I am very greatful for that as well. Could you imagine a month with no Treasure hunting?

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was back at home for 9 days of wonderful hunting, just flew out on the 11th.  It will be another 6 to 8 weeks before I get to hunt again.  Believe me I know how you feel.  I'm going through withdrawl right now.  I can't stop shaking..... :tard:

I did buy another Excal, a used 1000 when I was home last week and brought it with me.  I'm in an area that maybe 2 people in the whole country have a detector.  I believe I'm the only one with one that is water proof.  I just need to make the time and get out to the water to hunt.  At the same time I have to avoid waves the size of mountains, sharks, cold pacific water, gang members with machine guns, etc. (I'm joking about the ......  cold water  :D), but I could find a lot of serious gold out there.  There are many resorts down here around the beaches that have many lost items and the nice thing is that the items have never been found. 

I hope you get your Excal back soon.  If I find any nice stuff over here I'll post the pictures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread