Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE: Karma works in mysterious ways

Today, I was happy to return this pendant to it's owner. . . a firefighter for the Mt. Prospect Fire Department who had given this to his son almost 9-years ago.

MPFD Pendant.jpg

This past Sunday I got the urge to hunt a 1960's 10-acre park about 15-minutes away from where I live.
I had found a few 1950's silvers there a year or so ago so I thought what the heck, maybe there's still a few more to be had.

No more than 15-minutes into my hunt, I got a perfect 50-cent hit and I wasn't disappointed. . . a 1962 Franklin was at the bottom of the hole.

Today, Monday, I was at a another park a few blocks away. After several clad dimes, I got a nice silver quarter hit that turned out to be a sterling pendant with the name of a local city fire department and a badge number (which I removed from the photo). When I got home, I emailed the fire chief a photo of the pendant asking if he knew who this might belong to. Within two hours, I received a call from its owner at the fire department. He was beyond happy. Turns out, he had this pendant made for his son 9-years ago and his son lost it at the park I was at. Sometime this week his son will have his pendant back.

So, what's mysterious about this Karma? I should have found that Franklin Half tomorrow.

Thanks for looking. . .

Mt Prospect Silver.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 2

fredbug 67

Oct 12, 2013
Mahwah,NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -XP Deus-
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice save! And great that you located the owner. The Franklin half and war nickel are terrific finds also. Should take a picture of the owner's face when you hand it back to him.

bilt46

Oct 11, 2008
around town
Detector(s) used
CZ5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice big silver, way to go on the Pendant...BillT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread