keene A52

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In the bazooka really That much better at catching the gold? Im truely interested in what I should make a long term investment into at this point.
Well, any of the popular sluices will catch the gold if run properly. Each one has it's fans for good reason.

That said, by eliminating the need to classify, making clean outs a one minute process and being more flexible about how it is set in the creek (less finicky), the Bazookas are more productive. You will process more dirt and catch more gold than virtually any other non-motorized approach to gold catching. That's why it's becoming so popular IMO.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, any of the popular sluices will catch the gold if run properly. Each one has it's fans for good reason.

That said, by eliminating the need to classify, making clean outs a one minute process and being more flexible about how it is set in the creek (less finicky), the Bazookas are more productive. You will process more dirt and catch more gold than virtually any other non-motorized approach to gold catching. That's why it's becoming so popular IMO.

Wow. That answered a lot of questions I had. Does the bazooka have any add-on parts such as a highbanker?
If I am looking to have high-production, long length, what is comparable to the Keene A52

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The highbanker conversion kit was on display at the recent mining show in northern CA but they have yet to put it on sale...soon I guess!

For a production sluice for one person I'd suggest a 36" Prospector. Personally I have the 30" version and that's fine too but...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread