dustyboots

Greenie
Apr 4, 2017
State of Jefferson
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I am considering a small bilge pump operated Highbanker setup mainly for going into remote areas where packing my larger highbanker in is impractical. I have been looking at the Keene Mini max and have read really good reviews on that unit but I also saw the gold fox hatch backer which is nearly identical in size has hogmats pre installed at about half the cost. Mini max does have a few more features and has dredge kit available and does seem like a more universal piece of equipment as you could use it as a river sluice, highbanker, dredge or cleanup concentrator. Whereas the goldfox would be more limited to highbanking / cleanup. Anybody have any thoughts on either of these units or another that I should consider?

Thanks in advance

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is the gold fox the one with the mini trommel in the hopper?

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a nice little machine , should work well

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is a creek near a sluicebox is by far a much better bet as shovel vs trowel is no comparison. John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
That Gold Fox trommel needs some rock flippers for inside the trommel to help wash the material. Other than that I personally think it cost to much, BUT.................. and I didn't go to Keenes site to view their similar device. They are also probly costly aswell ! BUT there again I'm kinda cheap when it comes to buying store bought equipment !

OP
OP
D

dustyboots

Greenie
Apr 4, 2017
State of Jefferson
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For clarification I am not looking at the gold fox unit with the trommel but the electric powered hatch back with no trommel

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The keene looks like a better unit to me, I like the option of switching between a river sluice and highbanker. The main thing that stands out for me is the width of the sluice and the grizzly, the keene has bars while the fox has punchplate, bars tend to clean off and pass water easier. The keene also has more options for riffles.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the spec's are not the same the Keene Mini max is 10" wide the gold fox is a toy at only 7" wide

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread