Keep going on MF or pass to PI Md?

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys!
After almost two years with Garrett AtPro and a lot of finds like gold, silver, bronze rings, old, very old, medieval and ancient coins i am thinking to upgrade the machine.
The first idea was to get the Xp Deus but then i had a second idea. AtPro is fine for finding stuff to 3-4 inches deep so i can use it any time but for ancient small coins is not the best. Usually i find the ancient coins in places with no trash. If i get the Xp Deus i think i will have some more deep but i don't think it will be a great difference. So i thought why not to pass to a PI machine. The worst that can happen is some more holes. This way i hope i can find more deeper coins that i couldn't find with AtPro.
Can anyone who uses both tell me if i'm right?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YES! You need a Pulse Induction machine! The XP Deus and the AT Pro are about the same in real depth. A ground balanced PI is TWICE as deep. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread