Keep hitting that Ag vein

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last week I had a good run with 12 boxes from one bank. Ended up with 9x90%'s, 102x40%'s and 3 proofs.

Yesterday I started this week's pickups from another bank with the same supplier. 10 boxes gave me 18x90's, 289x40's, and 1 proof.

The per box breakdown is as follows:

Box 1- 4x90%, 38x40%, 1 proof
Box 2- 1x90%, 36x40%
Box 3- 24x40%
Box 4- 2x90%, 23x40%
Box 5- 2x90%, 13x40%
Box 6- 4x90%, 29x40%
Box 7- 1x90%, 25x40%
Box 8- 1x90%, 27x40%
Box 9- 3x90%, 26x40%
Box 10- 48x40%

Before anyone says "pics or it didn't happen", I will upload them tomorrow. Work has been killing me for the past two weeks so I need to get to bed.

HH

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FloridaFinder said:
Bank #2's 12 boxes might at least in part be from the same batch. The first one had 4 enders and 17 Ag. The second one had 7, and the third a skunk. 9 more to go and another pickup tomorrow. Hoping for the best. After being dealt a blow by my main dump bank I need to rethink my system.

HH

What happened with your main bank?

OP
OP
FloridaFinder

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
AdDicted2Ag said:
What happened with your main bank?

They say they're closing my accounts at the end of the month, after only a few months. I have a very good savings deposit with them, and I was always making sure on the most convenient way to deposit the coin with them. I sat down with the account manager before opening the account, and always asked the tellers along the way what the most convenient way was for them. I bought bags to save them from having to run them through the coin machine. They always said I could bring as many as I needed to each week. I had lowered my dump quantity at my other bank and increased here because they okay'd it.

I'm going to talk to the manager on Monday. A couple weeks ago I was late for that week's shipment so the quantity of a week and a half went out the following week. I don't know if Brinks decided to charge them extra. I'll try to reason with them that I can lower my quantity or maybe even stop dumping there. They give the best savings interest rate in the area. It is a small regional bank. No matter what happens I'll set up dumping at banks with that same coin carrier.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say they're closing my accounts at the end of the month, after only a few months. I have a very good savings deposit with them, and I was always making sure on the most convenient way to deposit the coin with them. I sat down with the account manager before opening the account, and always asked the tellers along the way what the most convenient way was for them. I bought bags to save them from having to run them through the coin machine. They always said I could bring as many as I needed to each week. I had lowered my dump quantity at my other bank and increased here because they okay'd it.

I'm going to talk to the manager on Monday. A couple weeks ago I was late for that week's shipment so the quantity of a week and a half went out the following week. I don't know if Brinks decided to charge them extra. I'll try to reason with them that I can lower my quantity or maybe even stop dumping there. They give the best savings interest rate in the area. It is a small regional bank. No matter what happens I'll set up dumping at banks with that same coin carrier.

That sucks buddy.. I really hope it works out for you because you have been making some amazing finds and I love seeing your posts.. Definitely see if you can work something out with them.. It seems to me like you started with too much too soon.. This is why i was recommending to DAAC that he should start small and work up gradually.. When you put a large strain on a bank right away, it is much more obvious to them than if you would have started small and gradually worked your way up over a few months or years.. IMO you should try opening numerous accounts at different banks and then dump small amounts at each.. Work your way up, gradually dumping more and more over the year at numerous branches of the multiple banks.. This way it will not be as noticeable difference in the amount of work you are creating for them.. I say this, because I assume you want to do this for a long time as a hobby and not get cut off. I know TimZim lost his dump bank too and is still trying to get it back together.. Maybe he can give you some tips.. PLease know, I am not judging you at all dude.. I am just trying to help you out.. Hope it all works out for you, because you seem like a great guy..

Last edited:
OP
OP
FloridaFinder

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Thanks AdDicted2Ag. I thought I had eased all my banks into it, because they were all ready and willing. I won't say how much it was but this regional bank treated me extremely well when I opened the account with the bank check from my credit union, and kept treating me like that until I made that mistake of missing one week's shipment. That threw my weekly system off, and must have created a big fuss with someone there. Maybe the tellers were telling me it was okay but the managers didn't know.

I'll try to work it out with them but there are plenty of other banks out there. The other thing that bothers me is that I like "going big" but I'm not of the attitude of "going big or going home". I want it to last. I'll take it as a life lesson.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks AdDicted2Ag. I thought I had eased all my banks into it, because they were all ready and willing. I won't say how much it was but this regional bank treated me extremely well when I opened the account with the bank check from my credit union, and kept treating me like that until I made that mistake of missing one week's shipment. That threw my weekly system off, and must have created a big fuss with someone there. Maybe the tellers were telling me it was okay but the managers didn't know.

I'll try to work it out with them but there are plenty of other banks out there. The other thing that bothers me is that I like "going big" but I'm not of the attitude of "going big or going home". I want it to last. I'll take it as a life lesson.

No problem.. It really does suck, but I am sure you will get it worked out.. Maybe that pickup did upset someone.. Just keep in mind that you can always search semi large amounts for a longer time and make more finds than if you had searched tons and got cut off.. Good luck brother..

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I know that people say that it's a myth that boxes come from the back of a Fed vault or something, but the strange thing about these boxes is that the newest clad was from 1996.

They are not from the Fed, since any Fed halves would be from one year only (like all 1996s). It may be from the bottom of the pallet at the coin courier.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is a great run of boxes FF! Keep it up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread