keep the uptrend silver! 16.16...

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Dang, you're right! It started this morning at around $15.78!! That's up a full dollar & a half just from Monday!! Up, up and away!!

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate the fact i need to sell cause im so broke....roffles....but at least its at better than it was.....better chance to sell

Might have to sell my SAE's =(

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
alpha105 said:
I hate the fact i need to sell cause im so broke....roffles....but at least its at better than it was.....better chance to sell

Might have to sell my SAE's =(

No one ever went broke taking profits.

Sell if you need to and don't feel guilty about it.

Although I am very bullish long term, my gut tells me that there will be another big dip in the next month or two, before the BIG BIG BIG run up.

I am not buying any more right now, nor selling. Gonna just hold and wish for the best. If there is another dip, I will buy as much as I can afford.

Jim

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont feel guilty......i just wish i were able to stock up......lol.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
No guilt here but I hope we see silver go up to what it should be at. Well over 20

Golden Silver

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
phrostie said:
Started the whole CRH thing back in nov 08...and I haven't seen Silver this high in awhile!!!

Let's root it up! 16.16 and counting...may we see 20 please? :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

There is a serious contagion unfolding in the Banks, despite all the "positive" earnings & talk the reality underlying our financial system is truly frightening- apparently, indicated by the precipitous rise in the PM's and other commodities there is a careful preparation for what may be a devaluation of the US $, I tell you now you do NOT wana be holding cash right now it is gonna take a serious hit, maybe, who knows do for sure not me but something is a foot, it is both exciting me and unnerving too as I understand how those who are pulling the strings use the DIAPRAX, chaos, confusion, and destabilization as prompt for "change" and it is straight out a the Marxian dialectical playbook!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
You may be right on many counts I'm afraid obediah. We are all in for it if this Obama care gets forced through. The only good news is that many of the congressmen that are pushing it will be out of a job I think if they ignore the public outcry.

Golden Silver

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
Politics aside, there are many who say that this is just the beginning of the hard times and we have not seen the worst yet.
The FDIC is having MAJOR issues funding failed banks and is now looking to the FED for help (Some reports say the FDIC is bankrupt, the FDIC says otherwise). Anyhow, one key point is that silver and gold are currently undervalued - one indication that we are headed towards more trouble is a sharp and sudden increase in the prices of Gold and Silver.... :o

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Fredness said:
Politics aside, there are many who say that this is just the beginning of the hard times and we have not seen the worst yet.

As they say, "you ain't seen nothin' yet".

My friends think I am negative or pessimistic about the future, but if someone looks at the facts, I don't see how they can be positive.

My view is that unemployment is gonna be the main catalyst for bad tidings. Although the dollar strength (or lack thereof), wars, swine flu (and other such things) can all lead to problems, the fact that many are out of work will be the biggest problem.

There is no way all those higher paying jobs (white and blue collar) can be replaced anytime soon. I know a computer programmer that worked for a BIG private company who was making over $75K per year, and his job was outsourced to India and he is now laid off. So it is not just the factories and manufacturing jobs they are outsourcing, but also service sector jobs.

One guy I like to listen to and read about (his stuff is kind of scary) is Gerald Celente. He authors the Trends journal, or something like that. He supposedly has a great track record predicting things (I didn't follow him before so I don't know).

He gives lots of interviews on different platforms (even mainstream like CNBC and FOX, as well as goldbug type platforms), so you can see and hear what he says for free on youtube and other places.

I won't say what he is predicting, but you can check it out yourself if you are interested.

Jim

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mentone Grizz said:
Dang, you're right! It started this morning at around $15.78!! That's up a full dollar & a half just from Monday!! Up, up and away!!
Tell me about it! :'( :'( :'(

I sent in almost 9 pounds of silver to my refiner and he setteled up on Tuesday at around $14.25oz I just called him today to see how it was going. Last batch he took a few days longer than normal. This time he is ahead of schedule.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I agree it is nice to see silver inch up! As for the health care initiative - he better get something done, I for one am tired off taking up the *** from these insurance companies. Talk about rationing and getting screwed over by insurance company actuaries. Who do you think is deciding what medicine you can get and what services you get. It isn't your doctor. Don't let anyone fool you who is in charge. The profit margin they are pulling is ridiculous. And the money they spend on all these ads to pressure doctors to prescribe these so called needed medication...who pays for those. Yup you and me. I have to cover five employees right now and am paying over 50% on benefits. Guess what takes the most...yup, and oh yea, they just raised their rates 20% for January 1st. Lets all go have a teabagging dance and cloud the real issue. Might as well holler out here comes the commie and look out for the bogie man! Sorry but I get a little sick of all the phony rhetoric getting spewed lately while this country just slides down the drain...

Maine_Jim

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
maine_Jim said:
I agree it is nice to see silver inch up! As for the health care initiative - he better get something done, I for one am tired off taking up the *** from these insurance companies. Talk about rationing and getting screwed over by insurance company actuaries. Who do you think is deciding what medicine you can get and what services you get. It isn't your doctor. Don't let anyone fool you who is in charge. The profit margin they are pulling is ridiculous. And the money they spend on all these ads to pressure doctors to prescribe these so called needed medication...who pays for those. Yup you and me. I have to cover five employees right now and am paying over 50% on benefits. Guess what takes the most...yup, and oh yea, they just raised their rates 20% for January 1st. Lets all go have a teabagging dance and cloud the real issue. Might as well holler out here comes the commie and look out for the bogie man! Sorry but I get a little sick of all the phony rhetoric getting spewed lately while this country just slides down the drain...

Maine_Jim

Why do you think it will get better if a healthcare bill passes? Have you read it? I personally doubt that it will make anything better.

I pay for my own insurance now and like the way things are. I don't go to the doctor much, but when I have gone the process was not too bad. Many people who don't have health insurance could have it, but they would rather spend the money on fun things. I know people (self employed professionals) who have no health insurance and say they cannot afford it, but they drive expensive cars, like to go out to expensive restaurants, big screen TVs, etc.).

Getting the gov involved in anything like the healthcare system is not a good idea in my opinion. How are we gonna pay for everyone to have healthcare? What will wind up happening is that responsible, hard working people will wind up paying for those who aren't, but I guess as a society we are pretty used to that now.

Or I guess they can just keep printing more money or increase our taxes some more.

As they say, "there is no free lunch" (or healthcare for that matter).

Jim

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Here you get both sides of the spectrum. I am in the navy and have had an up close and personal experience with government run health care. It is nothing like what you get on the outside. You get what you pay for honestly. The up side is that it is free and that is all. To those who want to see them tare down instead of renovate, you will see that a rebuild will be far more pricey in the long run. Fix her up don't throw her out. "all and all it seems to go, that you don't know what you got til its gone...they pave paradise to put up a parkin lot. Why not? They paved paradise to put up a parking lot."

Golden Silver

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
One problem with this is that people who don't have health insurance cost us even more. They go into the emergency services where they can't be turned away. They usually are receiving care that cost 25 times as much as it should because they are being seen in the wrong setting. Who pays for this. I do. I am paying $1700 a month for my employees family coverage today, and this is going up soon... This keep the government out of my health care is a load of ****. Do you think we should just dump medicare while we are at it! I for one am tired of all the insurance company slackers driving around in BMWs thinking of new ways to screw us over. Oh yea, wasn't that AIG deal nice. Sorry to take over the thread but I just got the screws again today for another 20% health insurance increase and - oh yea - I think they bumped up the co-pay on prescription drugs and if I read the small print correctly there are a few more "life time" limitations. And you better not come in with a pre-existing condition... I really do like seeing my silver pile increase in value but it is too bad that those nice insurance boys have found another way to take it away...

Maine_Jim

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
maine_Jim said:
One problem with this is that people who don't have health insurance cost us even more. They go into the emergency services where they can't be turned away. They usually are receiving care that cost 25 times as much as it should because they are being seen in the wrong setting. Who pays for this. I do. I am paying $1700 a month for my employees family coverage today, and this is going up soon... This keep the government out of my health care is a load of ****. Do you think we should just dump medicare while we are at it! I for one am tired of all the insurance company slackers driving around in BMWs thinking of new ways to screw us over. Oh yea, wasn't that AIG deal nice. Sorry to take over the thread but I just got the screws again today for another 20% health insurance increase and - oh yea - I think they bumped up the co-pay on prescription drugs and if I read the small print correctly there are a few more "life time" limitations. And you better not come in with a pre-existing condition... I really do like seeing my silver pile increase in value but it is too bad that those nice insurance boys have found another way to take it away...

Maine_Jim

If it is costing you too much to pay for your employees' benefits, then you should not offer them said benefits. I own my company, so I know what it is like. It is nice that you pay for their benefits, but it is possible to have employees and not offer healthcare. I operate a for profit enterprise, so I do what I can to reduce overhead.

I have read that under the new bill, it would be required that businesses provide coverage for their employees. I have not read the bill so maybe this is false, but I have heard it from more than one source.

You and I do not pay for healthcare now if somebody goes to the ER without health insurance. That patient will get sued if they do not pay their bill, and if they declare bankruptcy the hospital/doctors do not get paid. Otherwise, the collection agencies chase the debtor around until it gets paid or they give up on it.

People think if the gov runs something that there is this magical pot of money they can use to pay for stuff, but it simply does not exist.

Healthcare, unfortunately, is like any other asset. It costs money and somebody has to pay.

Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Jim - I am part of larger organization which is unionized. Thus I must pay insurance. That isn't the real issue here. If I don't pay insurance, who will for the employee and their family? In the real world they would not be able to afford to pay this ridiculous insurance cost with what they are paid. Given that more than 33% of our health care cost go directly to the insurance companies and their "administration expenses" doesn't it seem that they might be kinda getting in the way off actual health care. And our insurance cost are directly related to what the freebies the hospitals give out. Those cost are handed right back to the insurance paying customers. The medication expenses are also out of line. In Maine we have buses going to Canada every day just for people to get their medications. They are usually about 75% less. Canadian travel agencies are making a killing. You must have heard about the latest trend of sending people on trips to India and Mexico for medical "vacations", take a week or two down there and get a hip replaced. Cost about a third of what it does here and you hang out in a five star hotel.

Maine_Jim

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
maine_Jim said:
Jim - I am part of larger organization which is unionized. Thus I must pay insurance. That isn't the real issue here. If I don't pay insurance, who will for the employee and their family? In the real world they would not be able to afford to pay this ridiculous insurance cost with what they are paid. Given that more than 33% of our health care cost go directly to the insurance companies and their "administration expenses" doesn't it seem that they might be kinda getting in the way off actual health care. And our insurance cost are directly related to what the freebies the hospitals give out. Those cost are handed right back to the insurance paying customers. The medication expenses are also out of line. In Maine we have buses going to Canada every day just for people to get their medications. They are usually about 75% less. Canadian travel agencies are making a killing. You must have heard about the latest trend of sending people on trips to India and Mexico for medical "vacations", take a week or two down there and get a hip replaced. Cost about a third of what it does here and you hang out in a five star hotel.

Maine_Jim

I think the gov can do better with out getting involved in running health care. The problem is the price. The insurance companies set the price. They need to be regulated or something. Made to be more competitive. Opening up out of state sales. Gov never had a problem calling out big oil companies on prices. Why do they have a problem calling out insurance companies on theres?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread