Keeping at it in the park!

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've kept hitting my park and have been doing pretty well! Ok, compared to some of you guys I'm Little League, but I've been happy. I found my first token...

IMG_20141019_222624.jpg IMG_20141019_222634.jpg

No clue what it goes to, but it is the same size as the tokens at a local car wash... so that is where is will end up. Also found 3 locker tokens (again, no clue where they came from).

Then I found what I thought was my first pocket spill.... and it was, just not of coins.

IMG_20141019_151649.jpg

Too bad that whole alchemy thing didn't work out, since I found me 6oz. of lead. :cussing: Of well, at least my buddy who recycles lead will be happy.

Then plenty of clad, some copper pennies and a few goodies.

IMG_20141019_221506.jpg

Still waiting on my first silver coin or jewelry (at least non clad/trash jewelry), but I'm sure I'll get them. Still have a lot of ground to cover for a first time, and some areas that I think will be worth re-covering now that I am getting a better feel of things. Plus I've got a report of a diamond wedding band that was lost. Didn't find it in my initial sweep, but I was focused on targets at or near the surface then.

Also be fun/interesting practicing with a probe. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan (Aside from when its a coin covered with just enough dirt you can't see it), but since I have a few other parks I'd like to check out where digging isn't allowed (turf) I need the practice. Going back and forth between using bamboo sis-kabob skewers and a very thin steel wire. The wire is a lot easier to use since it is much thinner and gives that metal-on-metal feel/sound, but I'm also scratching the :censored: out of the coins I get with it. The bamboo is harder to get in the ground and harder to determine when I'm touching something metal, but the coins don't get scratched. Thinking of trying a plastic, brass, carbon or fiberglass probe, but the steel and bamboo were what I had on hand.

Upvote 5

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:hello2: Welcome to t-net & Congrats on your first token, neat toy car & the funny spill. :hello2:

Your "cheapo" detector will soon find you gold & silver too, as my Bounty Hunter has done well for me & my son before he upgraded to Teknetics. My BH Tracker IV still finds the goodies after 4 years, & my cheapo $25 pinpointer from Harbor Freight saves time in finding the elusive tiny items. Nearly all of our gold & silver items were dug in areas loaded with junk & old iron, so we're drawn to that now rather than avoiding trashy areas like some do. The goodies are hiding in the trash, lol. Andi

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us

Top Member Reactions