Kellyco.com failed to ship my new detector

offgridman

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2009
Mon Louis Island Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sand Shark, Garrett-Ace 250, Whites, Harbor freight pinpinter
I ordered a new Garrett AT Pro from Kellyco Sunday. Today Wednesday afternoon I called asking when they would ship it. I intended to use it on vacation at the beach.
Customer service advised the "girl" failed to click the button to process the order and they would ship it tomorrow. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. OK anyone can make an error.
I used them because I heard they had good customer service. Well I expected them to bump up my shipping to be sure I get it by Friday. NADA. They rolled the dice and said it might make it. Not impressed, it was their error. They should have stepped up to the plate and paid for the faster shipping. IMOP.
Cannot recommend them from the service experience i have had so far.
Well back to the old Ace250 no water detecting with the AT Pro for me. Guess I can break out the Tesoro Sand shark but heck I sure wanted to try the AT Pro. Oh well. Just my unluck :)

UPDATE: KellyCO came through and shipped it next day air to me on their dime. Now I am a happy customer.
FYI, they did this without being asked. It came in today 3/17/2016. Now I get to try it on the beach and in the surf.
Also I was really surprised at all of the extras they through in with this thing. Free digger, two pouches, detector bag, replica coin, DVD and more.
Thanks Kellyco!

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right now is one of the busiest times of year for detector sales. They very well may have not gotten in the shipment they were expecting if they actually ship from their location. Many use a third party supplier so it could have been their supplier. I agree they should have expedited the shipping for you. Seems customers just aren't as important to some businesses as they once were.

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On the bright side, the AT PRO doesn't do well in the salt water. :D Hope you get it to ya soon...

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok to be fair, and to assure the squeaky wheel doesn't get all the attention, who has had an excellent experience with KellyCo?

I have with two separate purchases with KellyCo and they went excellent. I also had a warranty repair done and they bent over backwards for me. It's disappointing to not get your purchases in time and I understand that too. You'll get it soon and will ROCK!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
from the threads I have seen, here's my advice.

stop posting threads and ppm Treasure_Hunter,, it will get done!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dealt with Kellyco since sheeesh I cannot even remember how long.
And...
It the only place I have ever "ordered" detectors through other than direct from JW...
Kco has never failed me... and they do have great customer service IMO.
Was a fluke IMO... I am sure they will expedite the order for you.
I personally will not deal with anyone else due to my past service through them.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes things work out for a reason. I say this because i have not heard any good things about the AT pro and Salt water beaches. You may have been saved alot of heartache.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I have ordered from them on a couple occasions and never had any issues. Best of luck on the beach.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a member since Aug '09, first post ?!?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a new Garrett AT Pro from Kellyco Sunday. Today Wednesday afternoon I called asking when they would ship it. I intended to use it on vacation at the beach.
Customer service advised the "girl" failed to click the button to process the order and they would ship it tomorrow. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. OK anyone can make an error.
I used them because I heard they had good customer service. Well I expected them to bump up my shipping to be sure I get it by Friday. NADA. They rolled the dice and said it might make it. Not impressed, it was their error. They should have stepped up to the plate and paid for the faster shipping. IMOP.
Well back to the old Ace250 no water detecting with the AT Pro for me. Guess I can break out the Tesoro Sand shark but heck I sure wanted to try the AT Pro. Oh well. Just my unluck :)
I am checking with my contacts at Kellyco to see what happen and will contact you tomorrow...

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I hate waiting for a new toy.

I just ordered a broken Excalibur off of Fleabay, and it is taking FOREVER.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Anybody else remember the days were we mailed a check to the company for a purchase, and waited 4-6 weeks for delivery?

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Without reading anyone's else's posts ...
Kellyco is number 1 uno one!!!!
Enough said.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody else remember the days were we mailed a check to the company for a purchase, and waited 4-6 weeks for delivery?
I can equate to that. Been using them for a long, long time and am completely satisfied.:icon_thumleft:
Marvin

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there are few on youtube that use them in salt just fine.

Sometimes things work out for a reason. I say this because i have not heard any good things about the AT pro and Salt water beaches. You may have been saved alot of heartache.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You posted this on Tuesday, not Wednesday. So you ordered it on Sunday and they won't ship it until Wednesday? Demand a refund now! The nerve of those guys!

If you knew you were going on vacation soon, why didn't you order it last week? You probably would have received it by now. Geez!

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I dunno, it seems pretty common with them. It took almost a week to find out my detector was backordered and it had to be drop shipped.

HOWEVER they are not Amazon, they are just a local shop, so they are not really set up for super fast order processing.

The price I paid was much better than Amazon, they were always very nice and professional on the phone, so I have no complaints.

I am grateful for the deal they gave me, and for this forum for helping me get that deal. It's also important to me to keep these local shops in business, and the money saved was worth the wait.

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had 2 good experiences with KC before finding local dealers that I could trust. So no bad words from me on them.

Re OP, did you specifically ASK them for expedited shipping to make up for the error? ime, asking for something reasonable usually works, especially when the other end is feeling a tad guilty and wants your subsequent business.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Offgridman, I talked to Kellyco, your shipment has been changed to next day air and should arrive by close of business tomorrow, Thursday March 17.... It was a simple error on sales part or computer, appears a link was either not clicked or pc did not accept the click...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Kellyco did have some issues around 3 years ago, but since then they've really stepped up to the plate. I was enormously pleased at their repair service in Florida.

Their response here as related by TH shows the full extent of their integrity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread