jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait for it to stop raining now and get some days off. The pro pointer is highly recommended, but to get the Gator digging tool for free is awesome. Man that tool is built heavy and serrated on both sides. It got here on the exact day they said that it would. Count me as satisfied customer of KellyCo again.

the gator Digger is a Good Tool !
However do yourself a Favor.
Pull off the Orange handle.
Place a Washer or Slug in the handle
And replace the handle.

I used a US Disc on mine once I learned

DSCF0010.JPG DSCF0012.JPG

From pressing on the top of the digger The metal Cut the plastic off the top of the handle. like this
DSCF0013.JPG
Kellyco replaced it & it did the same thing the second time.
Finally it sunk in what to do, But now I need to buy a new Grip,
as I don't want to pest KCo a 3rd time
sad.gif

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have fun with the new tools, the pro pointer does some great work.............63bkpkr

OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the tip!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scotty, I don't like serrated edges. Always catches on BONE if I have to USE it. With the blood pouring out, makes the thing slip out of your hand. I like the Randall #1 fighter in a custom 8 inch blade. He etched my name in it too! TTC

OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scotty, I don't like serrated edges. Always catches on BONE if I have to USE it. With the blood pouring out, makes the thing slip out of your hand. I like the Randall #1 fighter in a custom 8 inch blade. He etched my name in it too! TTC

Oh okay, but I am not skinning a deer with it. Have never cut myself digging a hole.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TerryC., I don't like serrated edges. Always catches on BONE if I have to USE it. With the blood pouring out, makes the thing slip out of your hand. I like the Randall #1 fighter in a custom 8 inch blade. He etched my name in it too! TTC
Its funny you mentioned not liking serrated edges, I had with me today a katana 11 1/2 inch knife from tip to tang. (kinda like a short samuri, it's forged steel.) Oh, I don't use it for digging, I keep it for pests. Ya don't know whats going to show up. I'm still working on geting another handgun, been looking at a good bear gun like a 50cal but for now its better than bare hands.
Keep safe bro. Goldentruth

Last edited:

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't wait for it to stop raining now and get some days off. The pro pointer is highly recommended, but to get the Gator digging tool for free is awesome. Man that tool is built heavy and serrated on both sides. It got here on the exact day they said that it would. Count me as satisfied customer of KellyCo again.
Cool Stuff, thanks for the share of good news!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh okay, but I am not skinning a deer with it. Have never cut myself digging a hole.

:laughing7: I know what Terry is talking about :laughing7:
I still haven't completely learned to keep my fingers on my left hand out of
the way while digging with the Gator in my Right hand.
I've left plenty of blood trails, till the dirt or coagulation stopped the blood from running down my hand
:laughing9:
And yes the handle does get slippy soaked in your own blood :unhappysmiley:

they are good for Roots though,
and the Kellyco gator is the only tool I haven't Bent or snapped off yet.
& I destroyed the supposed best 8-)

I think I could absent-mindedly bend one of these

070808-Team_Dozer.jpg

if you gave me a go at it

:happysmiley:

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff knows! Up into the liver from the right side, under the ribcage. Once in, push forward. They will bleed out in about three breaths. Hang on and count them! ( OORAH! ) TTC

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldentruth,
I also carry something for 'Pests', a .454 Casull Super Redhawk. I had the barrel shortened to 5 1/4", magnaported and it fits real nice short Uncle Mikes shoulder holster. I carry it with me all the time when I'm "out there" as there are just way too many bears in NorCal where I go. The bears are not that afraid of humans and understand what a bag hanging up a tree means so they take them down and eat all my food. I've also had some very close calls with them, and the size of some of them convinced me to give up my .44 mag. The 454 is the last wheel gun I need and even with the shorter barrel it still is a very heavy piece to carry but then it is one of my insurance policies while I'm out there. The 50's are even heavier and larger and as the 454 will pierce 3/8" thick steel plate I figure it will do!
Be careful out there and have fun.........63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, that almost sounds like it comes from a manual and I do not mean like from Mother Earth magazine.......63bkpkr

OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff knows! Up into the liver from the right side, under the ribcage. Once in, push forward. They will bleed out in about three breaths. Hang on and count them! ( OORAH! ) TTC

Wth are you smoking? I have no need to stab anything that will bleed with my digging tool. You do know that this a metal detector forum right? Serious issues you have. Lay off the K2 brotha man before you get perma-burnt, second thought you may be too far gone.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its funny you mentioned not liking serrated edges, I had with me today a katana 11 1/2 inch knife from tip to tang. (kinda like a short samuri, it's forged steel.) Oh, I don't use it for digging, I keep it for pests. Ya don't know whats going to show up. I'm still working on geting another handgun, been looking at a good bear gun like a 50cal but for now its better than bare hands.
Keep safe bro. Goldentruth
Golden.... I always thought a katana was a STRAIGHT samurai and the small blade was called a TANTO. Help me out. TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wth are you smoking? I have no need to stab anything that will bleed with my digging tool. You do know that this a metal detector forum right? Serious issues you have. Lay off the K2 brotha man before you get perma-burnt, second thought you may be too far gone.
Actually, Scotty, I AM too far gone. In '07 I had my second back surgery. First time in my life I was unemployed (due to back) for more than a few weeks. I learned my PTSD was so bad, I was given 100% service connected disability. I still wake up screaming at the ghosts of combat past. I would not wish this on an enemy! I apoligize for the "off color" remarks. I will try to keep it near normal. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread