Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kennedy Half, help...

This is the first coin Iv seen like this not see sure whats going on with it, it looks like a brushed finish and I noticed that the lines are in every nook and crany, very even, and going same direction on both sides, Im new to messing with coins and found this one roll hunting, whats some of your thoughts...

20190114_180637.jpg 20190114_204720.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With error coins being as popular as they are I would have guessed this to be a little more valuable then a standered bicentennial given that it is less common....
Agin I am a newbe to coin collecting that being said how come this type of mistake is not considered as a error or more valuable?
Thanks for all the help so fare guys!!

I think it is less an error than just simply poor quality manufacturing in the machine shop process of making coins. But perhaps someone might make a case that the roller spacing that produces this appearance was done in error, so...When it comes right down to it, would you be willing to pay more for a coin with this appearance?

OP
OP
Toecutter

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin i have is very appealing to the eye, my self i would not but i also wouldnt pay extra for a error coin as im not that type of collector.
I like to buy old silver coins that have bin in circulation mostly so i can touch them and put them in my little treasure chest lol....

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with what coincrazed said! That's right, I admit it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread