Kennedy Space Center -Cocoa Beach

Opticman

Aug 10, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Heading down for the launch for STS 125 launch week of May 10. Bringing my DFX for my first beach hunt.

Any help with these quesitons.

I am assuming it is legal to hunt beach, is this true?

How about the counties, maybe public park areas ( County parks) , are these legal to hunt?

All previous posts suggest I can break my detector down into small pieces and stick it in a case and carry on the plane. Is this correct?

Any help appreciated.

Opticman

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yes hand carry -- beaches water line to dune foot ok ( not on federal parks or federal lands however) -- water hunting ok if your not off near shore leased treasure wreck area -- stay off of / out of the "dunes"

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It is legal to hunt Cocoa Beach, south of the Space Center. It is illegal to hunt the beaches of the Canaveral National Seashore, which is north of the Space Center.

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Opticman said:
All previous posts suggest I can break my detector down into small pieces and stick it in a case and carry on the plane. Is this correct?

The answer to that question would interest me too !!! :icon_scratch:

Thank you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carried my tesoro conquistador on the plane Last August in my carry on with no problems at all.......................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions