Kentucky road trip

B

BigDan

I had a chance to hunt a homestead from the early 1800's. Unfortunately it was in some very thick woods. No pics, sorry, but I gave everything I found to the landowners as keepsakes from their ancestors. Found a horseshoe, a knife, and some very primitive farm implements.

At one point, I was very excited to see a coin pop out, but it turned out to be a clad dime. Dropped by some hunter no doubt. Oh, and I got two ancient pull tabs!

It was nice to finally get out and hunt. I did meet a neighbor who invited me to hunt his place...around an old barn and the site of an old home now lost to the farmland. This time the deal is finders keepers. If I ever get down that way again, I gotta say, those woods made me appreciate the places I go around here.

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
The big thing is you were able to get out for a bit. It's only gonna get better from here on out. Good luck if you ever hit that neighbors spot.
Mike

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Well, you had fun & gave the land owner some cool stuff! Don't you just hate those clad dimes that pop in out of nowhere?

Good luck on that next property!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread