Kept my promise before 2006 ended

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Here is some of my collection. I found all of these here in Mass. all in a 3 acre area. The bucket is pieces, shards, and questionables. The little stone person (as the story goes) was brought over by the English and given to the Indians in trade, when the fighting started the Indians broke the heads, feet and hands off to break the spirtit of the English. The pottery pieces tell two stories, the bowl they were and the hand made mat they rolled it on for the design. I enjoy the peace of "keeping my eyes on the ground" ;) you all know what I mean.

Thanks for looking!
Kim

P.s. Cannonman guess what I am getting as a late Christmas gift from the Hubby!?

Attachments

• pieces.JPG
    pieces.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 385
  • heads1.JPG
    heads1.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 383
  • arrow heads 002.JPG
    arrow heads 002.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 386
Upvote 0

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Nice collection CG,........... Now,why don't you put all the pieces together? Be a good winter project ;D

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
papa said:
Nice collection CG,........... Now,why don't you put all the pieces together? Be a good winter project ;D

I think I may put some time and effort into trying to match some pieces up. Maybe I can use some of the shards and fix 'em up when my new Knapping video shows up ;D.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Johnny X said:
Thanks for showing! Very Nice!

Keep your eyes on the ground.

xStevenx

Thanks for asking me to, forgot a couple of my favorites, I will try to add them later today.

Attachments

• points.jpg
    points.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 331

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Good Points My friend!

I'd keep on that three acres, there's more stuff there. it's just a matter of some countrygirl getting out there and finding it!

keep your eyes on the ground

xstevenx

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Now that hunting season is over.........Tomarrow looks like the day, I get out of work at noon, had some real heavy rains yesterday, should be good for looking! Can't wait swing the detector and keep my eyes on the ground ;). Thanks agian for looking!

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Just wait till you get a tree frog down the back of your shirt ;D

RIBBOT - RIBBOT ::)

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Cannonman17 said:
I can't wait to see what you make when you start knap'n! Yipee.. alone no longer. And oh yes, nice artifacts there also!

I can't wait to start! May be here today, I hope so, at least by the weekend, I have it off! You are a pusher you know? ;)

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Sweet stuff there Countrygirl.......When I get my things moved I will have to take some pics of the ones I have. I LOVE finding arrowheads and have since I was a kid...
:o

~Nash~

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Nash, get those pictures posted can't wait to see those Washington points!

Gypsy, Thanks. It's a relaxing sport, that I have enjoyed since I was a kid. (well still a kid just a little bigger)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread