Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Honestly not trying to hijack the thread.... Here is what you can look forward to Kevin.

Last of Iphone 144.JPG

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ducky you're ALWAYS welcome to post here!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Back to the business at hand, here's the gold from last time I was out ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444935055.472815.jpg ...along with a little bird shot.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Back to the business at hand, here's the gold from last time I was out View attachment 1223326 ...along with a little bird shot.

Very nice looking gold with some larger pieces and lots of medium large ones! I am guessing this is from about the same area we last worked when we tested the Aurora sluice....

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice looking gold with some larger pieces and lots of medium large ones! I am guessing this is from about the same area we last worked when we tested the Aurora sluice....

Different spot, several more miles from home but also Castlerock formation material.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444958740.293969.jpg as you can see, it's a little tiny creek :)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got back to that same spot today for a little while after work. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444958994.454182.jpg more better bigger...now I REALLY wanna go back there :)

Oh and here's my prospector's selfie lol
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444964840.915534.jpg

Last edited:

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin another great clean up.If you don"t mind what did those two cleanups weight. You seem to always get about the same amount. But the last two cleanups are super.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin another great clean up.If you don"t mind what did those two cleanups weight. You seem to always get about the same amount. But the last two cleanups are super.

Last weeks was 0.19 gram, yesterday was 0.10 gram. Both ok for how long I spent. The real hot spots on this end of town produce 3-5X that but you can't always be digging a hot spot. In these little creeks the inside bends tend to have 2-3X the gold of the rest of the creek bed but the whole creek bed will have some gold so I dig from bank to bank and 1-3 feet down to the clay or sandstone bedrock. I figure once I have a decent dam built, I might as well dig ALL the paydirt!

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Different spot, several more miles from home but also Castlerock formation material.
View attachment 1223459 as you can see, it's a little tiny creek :)

This looks more my key. Small but productive. Is it on private land with permission or public? I like the dam, i havent been out in ages. hope to get out one more time before it gets too cold.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The land is owned by a parks & rec district which allows this activity. I even took one of their board members out prospecting a few years ago. Dave, we went to the site where you and I tested the AMP sluice. She is a retired geologist and just loved the experience. Of course I sent her home with the gold as a souvenir :)

PS yes, Ducky, this creek is very much your style! Lots of interesting spots along it that I want to sample...

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out to that same spot this morning. Sure is nice to be able to reuse a dam :) On the way in I talked with another prospector who also lives close by. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446432203.835909.jpg
Great gold (0.40grams) and 4 pieces of birdshot. Oh, and the water is getting colder. About time for fleece and chest waders...and crabbing gloves. Winter don't stop me none!

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats some nice Colorado gold, bigger than some of stuff ive been getting here in Cali lately!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out for another hour yesterday...beautiful weather, I just wish we stayed on Daylight savings time all year 'cause it sure does get dark fast now! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446613375.041139.jpg the -50 and the +50 first pass at panning each so I'm sure there's a bit more hiding :-)

Most of the clay bottom in my honey hole is only down about a foot or so under the gravel. This digging revealed a big pothole in the clay and I was down about 3 feet. Result seems to be more +50 flakes than usual...nice!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread