Kevins own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts)

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SLUICING.jpg

Hahah, man that's some good stuff right there.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love it P70!!

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What do you call a miner that commits suicide by jumping into an open shaft?

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A claim jumper!

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What are the first three rules of gold prospecting?

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mine, mine, mine.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Two miners are walking through the bush, and see a mining shaft,

One miner says " I wonder how deep it is ??" and throws a rock down, they listen for a few minutes, but nothing,

Other miner says, " we need a bigger rock ", so they throw down a bigger rock, still nothing,

First miner see's a really heavy " railroad sleeper " and says, " let's throw that down ",they struggle dragging it over to the shaft and down it goes,

Before they can tell if the sleeper hit the bottom, a goat runs flat out from the bushes, and runs straight down the shaft, between the two miners, they are stunned with amazement,

Next a farmer appears from nowhere and says, Have you guys seen my goat?

Well the first miner says, " we just seen a goat who was running, come out of the bushes and ran flat out straight down this mine shaft"

The farmer replied, " can't be my goat, my goat could not run cause he was chained to a " rail-road sleeper "

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kaz, I just had to read your posts to my wife ...we both love it! Thanks for the thread hijack bro!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went out last Wednesday after work with a friend. Spent waaaay too much time talking. With him and with about a dozen random neighbors who came walking along that beautiful day. Not enough digging time :(

Still got 0.07grams but no bigger flakes this time which seemed odd considering where I was digging. Sure enjoyed the day and the company :)

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the same kind of experience a couple weeks ago Kevin. Made plans to meet a guy on the river and all of us had a blast, didn't find much gold that day, but had a blast. Next day 2 of us found as much as the day before in a couple hours. Cleaned up, packed up and then spent a couple hours talking to hikers coming down from the river above. I enjoy the talks with the non prospectors that are amazed at the "dust" we find. :-)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
4/19 I will be at 6811 Washington St (Tymkovich Meats parking lot) starting at 9 am for an all day outing. All are welcome to join in. Will be great weather so likely a big friendly group. We will be prospecting in lower Clear Creek which runs on the northern border of the property. I'll have my Bazooka Prospector sucking up gold as usual :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My take from yesterday. Sampled three different spots, found gold in all three. Met some great guys, even a middle school aged kid who rode his bike several miles to do some panning! image-2290581761.jpg 0.07 grams A fun place to explore, with gold everywhere I dug (!!) ...just not as much as my secret honey holes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out yesterday after work and tried a new spot. Really good gold, I was seeing it on the skid plate of my Bazooka Sniper :) unfortunately I got chased back indoors by a thunderstorm so a second visit is being planned for sure!

Cons aren't panned out yet so a pic will come soon...

Last edited:

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking forward to that.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a total Master of Fly Poop moment yesterday LOL... I spent the day "on staff" helping a friend who runs a gold prospecting guiding/outings business. He had a group of 11 guys who were spending the weekend together for a bachelor party for one of them. We had them running a dredge, a gold cube and three different sluices. Beautiful weather, good gold and a fun day overall! Anyway after all the concentrates were run thru the gold cube, panned out and the gold given to the groom (that's what all the guys wanted to do, nice touch right?!), nobody wanted the remaining cons so I got to take them home to work my MFP magic ;) I had fun running the cons thru my process and found 0.05 grams of extremely fine gold, mostly -100 mesh. This means the panning we did in the field extracted 98% of the gold (we pulled a total of about 2.5grams for the day) which is pretty darn good!

image-484312.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread