Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been detecting this Fall, but as the hunting season is wrapping up I decided to get out. After pheasant hunting for the morning with the dog, I exchanged the shotgun for the detector and hit the fields with that.
These finds are from 2 hunts. I was able to find a 1905 Barber dime, 1899 "V" nickel, a war nickel, some wheats and a small tribe of indians. 1890 and 1906 indians were stuck back-to-back in the same hole! Also a hashed 1898 indian. One of the best finds was the 1908s key date indian.

Attachments

• Coins 1.jpg
    Coins 1.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 969
  • Coins 2.jpg
    Coins 2.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 982
  • Coins 3.jpg
    Coins 3.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 976
  • Coins 4.jpg
    Coins 4.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 966
Upvote 0

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet key date IH :hello2:
The others are not bad either.
HH Soup

traverdog

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Henderson, Nv
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Beach Surfer
Did you find these at a school, park, church, etc? Don't tell me the exact location, just what type location.
Thanks.

OP
OP
Damon64

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
traverdog said:
Did you find these at a school, park, church, etc? Don't tell me the exact location, just what type location.
Thanks.

It was Game dept. land that back in the day was the location of an old post office and a farm. Dated back to 1860's.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damon64 said:
traverdog said:
Thanks.

It was Game dept. land that back in the day was the location of an old post office and a farm. Dated back to 1860's.

Just a lot of questions
Did you research the area on-line???? did some one tell you about the site????
I know that the Vancouver area is older but nothing Here Yet!!
Need back up when hunting??? I can Kick butt if necessary
Sorry about the post But it is so exciting to see such great coins coming out of washington ground!!! I'm up for a road trip!!!! HH Chug

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Damon64

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Santas other Elves C@R said:
Damon64 said:
traverdog said:
Thanks.

Just a lot of questions
Did you research the area on-line???? did some one tell you about the site????
I know that the Vancouver area is older but nothing Here Yet!!
Need back up when hunting??? I can Kick butt if necessary
Sorry about the post But it is so exciting to see such great coins coming out of washington ground!!! I'm up for a road trip!!!! HH Chug
Thanks Everyone. I Didn't research it, I found it while out on a hunting trip with the dog. Been going there for years and decided to give it a whirl with the detector since it's an old area.
It is good to see some oldies come out of Washington soil now and again!

Jaichim24

Jul 28, 2010
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there, great finds. I'm curious, how did you clean your V-nickel. I'm assuming you did some variation that includes vinegar? Looks like what ever you used got the brown coating, the red coating down to the gray. Even after the gray, it looks like it went a bit further? Was it a matter of time being treated?

Thanks in advance for the feedback,

Jai

OP
OP
Damon64

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jaichim24 said:
Hey there, great finds. I'm curious, how did you clean your V-nickel. I'm assuming you did some variation that includes vinegar? Looks like what ever you used got the brown coating, the red coating down to the gray. Even after the gray, it looks like it went a bit further? Was it a matter of time being treated?

Thanks in advance for the feedback,

Jai
Hey Jai,
I rinsed the V nickel in soapy water and then used a little metal polish on a soft cloth to bring out some detail...I might not go this route if it was a valuable coin, but I wanted it to show up a little better and it got rid of some of the crud and brown coloration kinda bringing back the metal color a bit. I only spent a couple minutes messing with it before I snapped the pics.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet IH!!! MR TUFF

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and a Washington tax token. Is your collection bigger than mine? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I found 16 this last year. Annoying things always ring up right between a dime and a quarter.

OP
OP
Damon64

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OldNBroken said:
...and a Washington tax token. Is your collection bigger than mine? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I found 16 this last year. Annoying things always ring up right between a dime and a quarter.

You said it!!! Tired of those tax tokens...I have a margarine tub full of 'em from last Spring! :laughing9:

OP
OP
Damon64

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burnt Chimney said:
You had a Great Hunt The IH alone would have made my day :thumbsup:
Thanks Burnt, Got a few IH's lately after a drought not finding any at all. I can't explain why detecting is like this...feast or famine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread