Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went fishing down in keywest and had to dive up a couple bags of bottles. Where we dock is one of the older parts of key west. There is a mountain of coke bottles right under the boat so I get a couple bags every time we're there. I only spent 15 mins. in the water right before we left, and had to have help lifting these bags out of the water. photo-584.JPG got a nice old jar in with those cokes. photo-590.JPG it cleaned up nice and had a real sloppy hand applied lip (big drip on the inside). photo-593.JPG photo-594.JPG
Also got a hand applied crown top beer, and a couple internal thread tops. photo-598.JPG photo-597.JPG photo-595.JPG photo-596.JPG but by far my favorite fragment of all time was this 1700s or even 1600s spanish olive jar top. photo-588.JPG photo-586.JPG this is the biggest piece ive ever found for sure. The cokes of coarse had many different city names. photo-591.JPG also saw fort myers, fort Lauderdale, miami, coral gables, homestead, to name a few. Also got a nice bronze port hole. photo-589.JPG and a gas lantern part, large and made of brass.

Attachments

• photo-587.JPG
    photo-587.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice score right there. Very cool finds. I'd love to do that some day. Jgas

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks jgas. Going back for the whole month of January. Water will be cold but ill have the time to hit it hard with the hookha rig. Should be fun. I know theres good stuff just gotta keep clearing the cokes and modern bottles out of the way. The guys are pumping me up with stories, and finds that are beautiful, and all from the same area.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I so want to do that someday! Great post. I always enjoy seeing what lies beneath.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_2017-08-11-23-19-17.png
Thats what im talkin about !! And for a frag !!
I think mines nicer !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread