Key ???

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Latest efforts yielded a good variety of finds. The usual hammered coin, this time a three pence of Elizabeth I. Closing in now on the target of 100 since November 2014. A badge with the letters LS, not sure if military, or even of the date. The third find is even more of a puzzle. It appears to be complete, and obviously of great age. Maybe some kind of key, or pendant, got me stumped:icon_scratch:. Never seen anything like it.

Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_6265.JPG
    IMG_6265.JPG
    452.1 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 3
2386890Looks to be a WWI lapel/shoulder badge, not sure what it stands for?
Loop thingy?? Centre of Purse Bar - the hanging loop?

Latest efforts yielded a good variety of finds. The usual hammered coin, this time a three pence of Elizabeth I. Closing in now on the target of 100 since November 2014. A badge with the letters LS, not sure if military, or even of the date. The third find is even more of a puzzle. It appears to be complete, and obviously of great age. Maybe some kind of key, or pendant, got me stumped:icon_scratch:. Never seen anything like it.

Robert.
Rob, it's not a loop suspension of a purse bar is it.:dontknow:

SS

congrats again on the hammered, 100 now thats just down right has cool factor written all over it Robert. Neat jobbie with the loop, liking it for its look of just plain old.

Last edited:
congrats again on the hammered, 100 now thats just down right has cool factor written all over it Robert. Neat jobbie with the loop, liking it for its look of just plain old.
Hello pepperj, with a fair wind, the 100 is about to fall. Will post a picture of them all, if, sorry when it does.

Congrats nice finds!

100! Wow! On this side of the pond, I'll be lucky to find 1!

the loop item is could possible be a powder horn stopper?

Last edited:
Another hammered coin as usual? I have yet to find one. Nice finds Congrats on all. P.S. if thats just another hammered coin please send it to me. hehe

The L.S. pin may be related to the London Scottish Regiment. They saw some heavy action in WW1 so it'd be a really cool find if it is related to them

WOW near 100 since Nov. that's near one a day, and quite a feat...I would imagine.

My best silver coin average (of all ages) in a season was one every two hunts.

WOW near 100 since Nov. that's near one a day, and quite a feat...I would imagine.

My best silver coin average (of all ages) in a season was one every two hunts.
Hello Rick, yes some going. To put into context, most UK detectorist's won't find that many over their detecting careers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back