KG from Diggers made my daughters night...

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posted a picture of my daughter on Facebook to a MD group I am part of. KG posted and told her "Good luck kiddo" in the comment section. Had no idea he was part of the group so it was a pretty cool surprise.

She was thrilled to say the least. We all watch it as a family and when I showed her who it was she flipped out for a good while.

She did not believe me at first...had to go show her his personal FB page to match his face to prove it LOL....always skeptical of dad...not sure why.

(this is about my daughters happiness...no anti-diggers crap please)

Untitled.png

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I like those guys. Always thought they seemed like just a couple of normal dudes. Good on KG for being just that.

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful daughter ! Congrats on having a wonderful hunting partner !

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She must have asked me at least 20 times in the last month for her own detector so she can make Youtube videos with mom and I. Got it for her just as much for my ears!

The fact KG responded to her picture just about cracked her brain in half last night. She had just laid down to bed for the night when I showed her the reply and who it was from...so I KNOW it was on her mind all the way to sleepy time.

"KG responded to my picture...I am awesome".......that is what I picture her thinking....or something similar.

She was SUPER happy just to have like 70 likes on Facebook last night. Then to have a guy on TV that we watch as a family...oh boy.

To have all of this associated with her first metal detector....here is to hoping she is hooked and has a long life in the hobby. :occasion14:

Thanks for the kind words guys...she means the world to me.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been carrying her happiness with me, since you posted her pic with her new detector. Thank you for that/sharing.
She is already a super-star! That smile shines bright!
That is super-cool about KG, she going to be running circles around him, real soon, too!
YOU GO GIRL! :notworthy:

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
You should print it out for her and frame it, then she can hang it in her room near all the stuff she's going to find.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again everybody. I call her over for every single new like and post - as she demanded I do so. :whip2:

She then asks to see your profiles and asks if I have ever met each person or ever plan on MDing with you guys (in her mind all 100,000 of us know each other)....she is quite enamored and intrigued by this whole ordeal.

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First..Your daughter sure is a beautiful young lady and Second...Thank God she looks like her Momma!! :laughing7: Seriously though, that's a really nice thing for KG to do and congrats to your little lady. I know my 5 and 6 year old granddaughters would be thrilled, since like your daughter, they like to "Treasure Hunt" with the wife and me too.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent the pic to Bounty Hunter...figured it would perk up their office. They posted it on their official Facebook page and now she is just rolling in it. She is getting ready to call Grandma so she can hear allllll about it.

I'm stopping now before I create a monster....

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This post made me smile. I follow George on FB as well and he seems like such a clean cut wholesome family kind of man. I wish your daughter hours of fun with her new detector.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
about time we get a nice positive story here ( unlike all these dudes who flaunt their gold coins) (( yeah I'm jealous, so what?))

I still remember the first time I got a like from selena gomez..

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
about time we get a nice positive story here ( unlike all these dudes who flaunt their gold coins) (( yeah I'm jealous, so what?))

I still remember the first time I got a like from selena gomez..

Agreed. This is better than any gold coin or bar.....well...maybe just gold coin.

Update to the story. Bounty Hunters marketing director contacted me....

Hello John- we'd like to send you and your daughter a couple of Bounty Hunter goodies. Could you please send us your shipping address and phone number. Thanks so much!

How flippin awesome and nice of them is that? Crazy. I will bump this when it arrives and take a a pic of her new "goodies". Not going tell her until they arrive...hopefully....I suck at secrets. :sadsmiley:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well this spring she'll probably find a five pound gold nugget since she's new

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Give my best regards to your daughter and tell her I'm challenging her to outdo me on the gold rings in my avatar....that should be something to keep her going come the new season.

Regards + HH

Bill

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to your daughter. The story has a human touch to it, & at her age being star struck is a cool thing, especially when it involves someone with the same interest that we have.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for posting that. It really put a smile on my face! Congratz to your daughter on her detector. I hope she finds some really cool stuff!

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I would update this topic for anybody interested. Her gift package from Bounty Hunter arrived yesterday. She wanted to pose for another picture so..."all the people of TreasureNet can see my cool stuff" :laughing7:

They sent her a digger...hat...finds pouch...sand scoop. We have a few lakes here in Colorado with sandy beaches and Grandma lives on the coast of California....so she is stoked for that.

We are ready for March!

20160107_163923.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread