KGC GOING TO PAY OFF NATIONAL DEFICIT

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When those shows came out, I didn't even watch, and I lived in Danville! I didn't know all of the background information. I'm glad to be hearing from someone that has knowledge about this subject! Make them learn for themselves, like I did. I started my research with only pictures.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
William, you live in the middle of the civil war, and the right location to research this war. If you cannot find the KGC treasures, you can find single coins and jewel lost back then. Good hunting and good luck.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What most people do not know about Danville, Virginia and it's railroads. I had it all written up for J. Frank Carroll to publish an Addendum to his Confederate Gold in Danville. The railroad from Danville, Va. to Greensboro was built during the Civil War about 1863, I think. It was for government business only, not for passengers. The gauge of the rails was mandated at 4ft 9 1/2 inches by Governor Vance of North Carolina. All the other Confederate Railroads were of the 5 ft. gauge. This was done on purpose to keep the Yankees from invading the South by the railroads. Only it stifled the South and actually made them lose the war. All Senators, Congressemen, all generals tried to get Governor Vance to change the gauge of the railroad to 5 ft., even General Robert E. Lee. But he would not budge on the issue. That is why you still today have such a large percentage of blacks living in Danville, Virginia and in Greensboro, North Carolina. Hundreds and hundreds of tons of supplies had to off loaded in Greensboro, N.C. and put on a Piedmont Railroad train to Danville, Virginia. Once in Danville, Virginia the trains had to be off loaded by wagons across Craghead Street to the Richmond and Danville Railroad Station. (And Vice Versa) Then they could go North to help General Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia.

When Richmond was abandoned by the Confederate Government there were more than 18 trains backed up on the rail. Danville could only accommodate four trains on it's side tracks. Worst yet, after four trains entered Danville, Virginia, all other trains had to be backed to South Boston and placed on the Halifax Switch so the next train could come to Danville, Va. A lengthy and costly error. The day President Jefferson Davis and his Cabinet left Danville, Va. President Harvie of the Richmond & Danville Midland Railroad sent a letter pleaing to President Davis to place all slaves and the army on the Piedmont Railway and widen it to 5 ft. But it was too late. This was on My CD Book, "Confederate Treasure in Danville, The Addendum. I also tell the names of the engines on the railroad, eight of them had been captured from the Yankees. The railroad materials came from Walhalla where Trenholm was building tunnels through the mountains to connect the railroad into Tennessee. Most of the tunnels had been finished before the Civil War broke out. The track, ties and iron was torn up to make the Piedmont CSA Government Railroad. Wonder what is now hidden in all those railroad tunnels???????????????

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
What most people do not know about Danville, Virginia and it's railroads. I had it all written up for J. Frank Carroll to publish an Addendum to his Confederate Gold in Danville. The railroad from Danville, Va. to Greensboro was built during the Civil War about 1863, I think. It was for government business only, not for passengers. The gauge of the rails was mandated at 4ft 9 1/2 inches by Governor Vance of North Carolina. All the other Confederate Railroads were of the 5 ft. gauge. This was done on purpose to keep the Yankees from invading the South by the railroads. Only it stifled the South and actually made them lose the war.
While the Confederate government had a hand in extending the Richmond and Danville Railroad to Greensboro, NC, there was NO Confederate Railroad, as all the railroads in the South were built and operated by private businesses.
The different size gauges were not utilized to "prevent Yankees from invading the South by railroad" for most of these tracks were lain and routes were established before Fort Sumpter was ever fired upon, but used to prevent competing railroad companies for using each others lines.
In addition of running out of money and European investors no longer providing credit, the different RR gauges were an additional contributing factor to the CSA losing the War.

*NOTE* The construction of the Richmond & Danville Railroad original 144.7 line began , January 31,1848 and was completed, May 16,1856.

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While the Confederate government had a hand in extending the Richmond and Danville Railroad to Greensboro, NC, there was NO Confederate Railroad, as all the railroads in the South were built and operated by private businesses.
The different size gauges were not utilized to "prevent Yankees from invading the South by railroad" for most of these tracks were lain and routes were established before Fort Sumpter was ever fired upon, but used to prevent competing railroad companies for using each others lines.
In addition of running out of money and European investors no longer providing credit, the different RR gauges were an additional contributing factor to the CSA losing the War.

*NOTE* The construction of the Richmond & Danville Railroad original 144.7 line began , January 31,1848 and was completed, May 16,1856.

Well sir, you are completely wrong on everything you just posted except maybe your NOTE. The Piedmont Railroad was built by the Confederate Government. The Confederate Congress appropriated $1 Million Dollars for the construction of this railroad for government business only. After Grant laid Seige to Petersburg the Confederacy could no longer use the coastal railroad of City Point Railroad. They built this railroad as a backup in case of this happening after the Battle of the Wilderness. You think you know everything but you sir are DEAD WRONG. I believe everything you have questioned me on here lately I have PROVEN YOU WRONG EVERY DAMN TIME.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well sir, you are completely wrong on everything you just posted except maybe your NOTE.
The Piedmont Railroad was built by the Confederate Government.
The Confederate Congress appropriated $1 Million Dollars for the construction of this railroad for government business only...
I believe everything you have questioned me on here lately I have PROVEN YOU WRONG EVERY DAMN TIME.
Believe what you want, but the Piedmont Railroad was built by authorization of the Virginia General Assembly, Match 18, 1862, not by the Confederate government.
15000 shares were sold to the finance this project, 14900 were bought by the Richmond & Danville Company, who built and retained ownership and control of this extension which was completed in 1863.
Once again, Franklin, basic research proves me right, as you avoid mentioning all the other Southern railroads built before secession by different businesses with NO standard gauge to hamper competition from each other, AND the hard fact, that there existed NO Confederate government railroad.
You should not be so quick of claiming others are DEAD WRONG, and do some accurate research befire you post.
'Nuff Said!

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are still wrong. ECS, you need to read the 16 pages in my CD Book, Chapter 6 Railroad Transition. Very informative with letters from OR and from the Danville Midland Railroad Officers.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You are still wrong. ECS, you need to read the 16 pages in my CD Book, Chapter 6 Railroad Transition. Very informative with letters from OR and from the Danville Midland Railroad Officers.
So all this saying I am wrong is a clever attempt to promote sales of your CD book! :laughing7:

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So all this saying I am wrong is a clever attempt to promote sales of your CD book! :laughing7:

I have none for sale. What has been sold is all there is.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Your post makes no sense to me? What are you babbling about?

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he knew, he would had told us. Hang in there, tomorrow will be another day, stay tune.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Your post makes no sense to me? What are you babbling about?
Real documented history, Franklin, something of which you may not be familiar.
I can understand why you would find that confusing.
So, are you going to post that April 1865 McCubbin newspaper story that will prove me wrong?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice to know one way or the other,because I'm not going to lose sleep about it.I hope the story is true! My supposedly treasure 38x38vault is filling up fast! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread